Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mammy and baby/toddler meet

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I wanna go :(
    Boo to living in Cork

I will be in Cork within the month, if you want to meet up and bring the boys to Fota :)

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I will be in Cork within the month, if you want to meet up and bring the boys to Fota :)

Cool :D
    Would really like that!
    Let me know your plans. I am generally free most of the time.
    How are you getting on? I kinda disappeared from this place for a while but hopefully back now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I probably will be too ,fota rocks:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

We will be up there some time too - my sister in law is a fine Cork lady. If you have the zoo membership you can go to fota too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That was one of my reasons for getting it:)
    Fota is way better then Dublin Zoo.

Out of interest...who do we have?

me,
    hacked,
    Cathy and Shane,
    wolfpawnat
    caprilicious
    cbyrd
    crazy cat lady and Chet,
    Adrienne_X (Thanks Wolfpawnat:))

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Out of interest...who do we have?

me,
    hacked,
    Cathy and Shane,
    wolfpawnat
    caprilicious
    cbyrd
    crazy cat lady and Chet,

Dont forget Adrieanne_x :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Is there anywhere in particular we're meeting or just at the entrance gate? I haven't been there in years!

There is only one entrance isn't there? I'll be coming from the city centre, so will be heading over that bridge where Heuston station is and turning left & going in the entrance there.

Front entrance sounds good to me:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Will we have enough peeps for a group discount?

We're planning on bringing a picnic, what is everyone else doing? We got food in the meerkat restaurant when we were there in March and it cost a fortune and tasted like gank so we won't be eating there again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I was discussing this with wolfpawnat yesterday, if you have a membership card it admits the member & 3 adults so we can get people in free that way, all our kids are too young to be payed for, except cbyrds two older ones!

I have membership too and can take 2 more adults or cybrds 2 kids and another adult.
    Meerkat restaurant had lovely food 2 weeks ago so think that is my plan:)
    I recommend that everyone gets at least one other persons phone # so that you can ring if you are delayed etc.
    Anyone needs mine pm me.

I was discussing this with wolfpawnat yesterday, if you have a membership card it admits the member & 3 adults so we can get people in free that way, all our kids are too young to be payed for, except cbyrds two older ones!

I was thinking, how many people have cards, I also posted that there was buy 1 get one in for free on last Sunday's Sunday world for the zoo, if we get as many adults in for free as possible and if we use that voucher that keeps the price down, also I know this might not be a good idea but Shane (Aidans dad) suggested that if there is anyone else that isnt paid for we divy up the cost of their tickets, ie we all pay 2e and get them in, just a thought, keep everyones costs down :)

Hi Moonbeam, PM sent!

Looking so forward to tomorrow, fingers crossed we get some good weather like today :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

yeah we're bringing a picnic too...can't wait!! who can i give my number too cos as sure as i'm a foot high i'll be late!! :D

• Advertisement

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I was thinking, how many people have cards, I also posted that there was buy 1 get one in for free on last Sunday's Sunday world for the zoo, if we get as many adults in for free as possible and if we use that voucher that keeps the price down, also I know this might not be a good idea but Shane (Aidans dad) suggested that if there is anyone else that isnt paid for we divy up the cost of their tickets, ie we all pay 2e and get them in, just a thought, keep everyones costs down :)

I think that is a good idea for the people that don't have annual tickets so that one or 2 people don't get stuck paying the whole lot.

Does anyone except cybrd have older children coming?

I'm staying in my folks place in Dublin tonight so I'm guaranteed to be stuffed til about midnight tomorrow with the Sunday fry up, can't beat the mammy's home cooking :D

Cbyrd I'll pm you my number :)

The little people were all gorgeous:)
    We had a good day and small girl is sound asleep since we left!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

So upset I missed it but my girls were both just too unwell to make it today. Had them at the DDoc early this morning and both are on antibiotics for a chest infection :(

Hope you all had a great day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Piccies up on facebook now!

• Advertisement

Aidan didnt fall asleep til about 10 min ago, he wont wake for half the day tomorrow I'd say. Guys we had a BRILLIANT day today! Thank you all so so much :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Megan has just gone down and I don't think mummy will be far behind her!

It was a great day! We'll have to do it again soon :D

So upset I missed it but my girls were both just too unwell to make it today. Had them at the DDoc early this morning and both are on antibiotics for a chest infection :(

Next time!:)
    Hope they feel better soon.

Adrienne we're gutted we didn't get to meet up with you and your little lady's, I hope they both get well soon.

Had a fantastic day, great to meet everyone and they're gorgeous kids :)
    I don't remember seeing much of the animals, too busy nattering away!:o

Thanks a mill Chet for adding the pics, I don't know why I brought my camera, I only took 3/4 pics, again too busy nattering!

It was great Rose slept the whole way home & she's just about to go down for the night now.
    Can't wait for our next meet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Adrienne i'm so sad you didn't make it today, it was great fun and i was looking forward to meeting you and you're girls !! it's a definite do again day, hope you're girls are ok ! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Great to put names to faces, moonbeam, crazy cat lady, hacked , caprilicous, wolfpawanat etc. Sorry I couldn't stay longer but my other half came to rescue me when I couldn't find you guys outside the zoo.:confused: so I had to zip around with him as he loves the zoo. Greta to have a bit of a chat.

Grawns

Advertisement