Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remote CCTV

Options
  • 02-05-2010 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've been asked to set up a remote cctv system.(so cctv cameras can be accessed with any laptop with a broadband connection) The CCTV cameras are already installed. I have never done this before and was wondering if anyone knows what is required in order to do this and how to set it up? I know you need a DVR and that there are issues with static and dynamic ip addresses. I have little details regarding what software will be used,etc.. Just a guide on how the system works would be helpful.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,300 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hi there. I'm afraid you're asking in the wrong place. The Help Desk is for people experiencing problems with the site, rather than for general queries. However, if you post over on the Nets & Comms forum I'm sure someone there will be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Thanks for pointing that out,new to this site. I'll repost it in the appropiate place now.

Advertisement