Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.C.V.P. Exam

Options
  • 02-05-2010 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Fellow L.C.V.P. students - whose ready for the exam on Wednesday? :eek:

Any ideas on what will come up on the case study? More importantly, have you any work done for it? Luckily I do business so I'm slightly better off than the poor creatures who don't know what enterprise is.

Advice, suggestions most welcome. Any questions, just shout and I'll try to answer.

Best of luck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I am not ready but I will do most of my prep on Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

+1 on that. My (3) teachers said my portfolio is good, and that I could get a distinction if my written paper is good. *fingers crossed*

How about yourself?

I do business at Higher level and I have been getting good results in it this year, which is what the exam is pretty much. I am very confident in my portfolio aswell. I will just practice a few questions using a copy of my portfolio and I should get decent marks on wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

any chance someone could scan the case study/point me to a link? I was absent the day it was handed out and my teacher was being an ass when I asked for it and said no, I should have been in.

try examinations.ie or lcvp.ie

• Advertisement

Business is going well enough for me this year. Trying to ignore Unit 1 at all costs. Mucho prefero Units 6 and 7.

Case study - possible questions?

Link: http://lcvp.slss.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

http://lcvp.slss.ie/resources/c/12/23/LCVP%20Online%20-%20Mindmap.pdf

the mindmap actually includes the entire course

and i wouldn't sweat it, got 89 in the pre without study :P

MaggieNF wrote: »
    and i wouldn't sweat it, got 89 in the pre without study :P

I got 50 in the mocks in LCVP. It is not that easy.

i beg to differ but ok :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Have any of your teachers done much work with you on the written part? I do business so it`s ok I guess,but for the mocks I went in totally oblivious to what was on the paper and got 69.

Didn`t really like the subject anyway,the best part was the week off for work expierience,otherwise it was a piss take tbh.

Anyone else feel the same?

• Advertisement

seanbmc wrote: »
    Anyone else feel the same?

F*CK YES.

I hate the way the teachers (mine anyway) seem to think it's actually more important than other subjects e.g. english or biology.
    I find it annoying that the amount of work expected for it is way out of proportion to the possible points you can get.
    Another thing that irritates me is the way it's essentially business studies for those who couldn't be bothered to actually take the subject.
    I think it's stupid the way we're given nearly 2 years notice of what we need for our portfolio for this, but for proper subjects, e.g. engineering we barely get a quarter of that. And yet more pressure is placed on us (at my school anyway) for this.

/rant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

F*CK YES.

I hate the way the teachers (mine anyway) seem to think it's actually more important than other subjects e.g. english or biology.
    I find it annoying that the amount of work expected for it is way out of proportion to the possible points you can get.
    Another thing that irritates me is the way it's essentially business studies for those who couldn't be bothered to actually take the subject.
    I think it's stupid the way we're given nearly 2 years notice of what we need for our portfolio for this, but for proper subjects, e.g. engineering we barely get a quarter of that. And yet more pressure is placed on us (at my school anyway) for this.

/rant

Another thing is my teachers gave us barely any notice for our recorded interview. He came up to me an hour before and told me that I needed to learn these questions for the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Chris_J92

Couldnt agree more teachers think its the most important subject and everytime you would hand up your folio to be looked at a different teacher would change it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Hate LCVP with a passion- glad the exam will see an end to it. Not bothered about what result I get it, not counting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

L ao
    I hate lcvp as all but I need the points
    I handed me portfolio on Friday and I manged to finish it

I do business so it easy for me. I got 83% in the mocks there's still tlroomfor improvement.
    I have the case study that's for the exam. I'm guessing we all get the came.
    I looked at it and it comes with a population table. Anyone know how to interpret it as my maths is pretty poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

unknown13 wrote: »
    I got 50 in the mocks in LCVP. It is not that easy.

Exactly a distinction won't come without work and arrogance will get her no where. :rolleyes:

L ao
    I hate lcvp as all but I need the points
    I handed me portfolio on Friday and I manged to finish it

I do business so it easy for me. I got 83% in the mocks there's still tlroomfor improvement.
    I have the case study that's for the exam. I'm guessing we all get the came.
    I looked at it and it comes with a population table. Anyone know how to interpret it as my maths is pretty poor.

83% is grand don't be so hard on yourself! I only got 76% which is only a merit.

And since you got that you are almost guaranteed to get the same/if not better in the actual, so don't sweat it.
    And as for maths, i'm pretty poor on them as well and i'm hoping they won't have anything too tricky. The ol' calculator will be on hand though. :P

I hate lcvp maybe it's because it caused my first suspension of my life from school.
    Even though I hate the subject it's easy. The only though thing about lcvp is te portfolio. The exam questions are repetitive. Just go through the one of 2007 - 2009 to be on the safe side.
    If you do business you musnt fail it. Lol

@MaggineNF a distinction won't fall into your hands like. ;)

Yup it won't. I have my exam tomorow and I'm just doing the past exam papers.

I hope nutin strange comes up especially on the population table.

• Advertisement

Exactly a distinction won't come without work and arrogance will get her no where. :rolleyes:

funny orla, funny :)
    83% is grand don't be so hard on yourself! I only got 76% which is only a merit.

And since you got that you are almost guaranteed to get the same/if not better in the actual, so don't sweat it.
    And as for maths, i'm pretty poor on them as well and i'm hoping they won't have anything too tricky. The ol' calculator will be on hand though. :P

76%? strange my friend got that too :O
    a distinction won't fall into your hands like. ;)
    i believe it wouldn't either, cos you don't get the paper just your marks, and its handed to you

as for the population thing on the bottom, its not like they would ask you to calculate the difference between populations over the years thats maths, thats probably just to back up the point that all the young people are moving away?!?!?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Darran Loves Lauren

is der any chance someone could copy and past da case study up here, its just da link requires me to have specific software to download it and i dont have it!! so could someone just paste it up here???? dat would be great?:)

Yup it won't. I have my exam tomorow and I'm just doing the past exam papers.

I hope nutin strange comes up especially on the population table.

Oh no that wasn't meant for you i was aiming that at
    MaggieNF

And yeah I'm doing the same, we were giving like all the marking schemes so i'm basically reading over them . I'd be delighted with a distinction but a merit wouldn't be too bad either like.
    And yeah I wouldn't be too worried about that but ya never know!

Good luck in yours :p

MaggieNF wrote: »
    funny orla, funny :)

76%? strange my friend got that too :O

i believe it wouldn't either, cos you don't get the paper just your marks, and its handed to you

Interesting stuff you speak off, very interesting. Alls I was saying was maybe you can get a distinction without study but it doesn't fall into people's hands without no work whatsoever, and aren't you so witty. :P

I hate lcvp maybe it's because it caused my first suspension of my life from school.
    Even though I hate the subject it's easy. The only though thing about lcvp is te portfolio. The exam questions are repetitive. Just go through the one of 2007 - 2009 to be on the safe side.
    If you do business you musnt fail it. Lol

It is easy but yeah really repetitive and the portfolio was a proper pain mainly because our teacher kept making us take it home and re-do it till it was word perfect- like there could be a capitol letter missing and we'd have to do it all over again-:eek:,
    but yeah the portfolio once done right can get you good marks and as for the exam questions well same questions but worded differently so it shouldn't be too bad. And yeah it's rather business ordinated so i hear, I don't do it so I dunno! :p

It is easy but yeah really repetitive and the portfolio was a proper pain mainly because our teacher kept making us take it home and re-do it till it was word perfect- like there could be a capitol letter missing and we'd have to do it all over again-:eek:,
    but yeah the portfolio once done right can get you good marks and as for the exam questions well same questions but worded differently so it shouldn't be too bad. And yeah it's rather business ordinated so i hear, I don't do it so I dunno! :p

ya know i read my exam papers today :O

paper is only 40%, makes sense as to why MOB made us have portfolio perfect. do bad in that and the paper won't matter a damn...

thought you were studying? besides you did well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Darran Loves Lauren

what the hell is with the population table?????????

what could we be asked on dat!! majorli startin to stress out :(

and dnt have exam papere :-(

OK children, calm down. We need to organise what we have left to do. We do have circa 19 hours left . Advice would be most welcome. Exams hints, possible topics coming up etc. No arguing please.

66% in the mocks, if anyone asks

Judging by flicking through a few past papers, I'd look at how to do a SWOT, characteristics and skills of an entrepreneur, advantages of businesses for local areas/the economy, benefits of teamwork/good communications etc.

I'm not going to bother studying for it tonight though, I have other commitments, and I do business studies so I think I'm safe on cruise control.

• Advertisement

Good work. Now for some study to do...... Business Units 2 to 5 should cover most bases right?

Advertisement