Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L.C.V.P. Exam

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

That is pretty much all that would possibly come up, with the exception of community development in unit 7! Happy studying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

*giggles* wrote: »
    OK children, calm down. We need to organise what we have left to do. We do have circa 19 hours left . Advice would be most welcome. Exams hints, possible topics coming up etc. No arguing please.

66% in the mocks, if anyone asks

we're friends really ;)

if onyl you knew our teacher

i would say though that with the emphasis puts on funding for projects and with this being a recession and all, there may be something about that. don't know what way but i would say its fairly likely.

also the usual swot analysis, questionairre and that jazz

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Judging by flicking through a few past papers, I'd look at how to do a SWOT, characteristics and skills of an entrepreneur, advantages of businesses for local areas/the economy, benefits of teamwork/good communications etc.

I'm not going to bother studying for it tonight though, I have other commitments, and I do business studies so I think I'm safe on cruise control.

I gotta hand it to you mate all what u is bang on.
    Swot analysis is definately up
    community development
    different agencies like FAS county enterprise boards etc
    work experience bnefits challenges

Bascially everything in exam paper 07 - 09

It's good to see that it's not only me that's freakn out about the population table.
    I think this is the first time that it came up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 goldenlady131

Haha children? But yeah you said it it should be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

What did people think of it?

I'm not bothered about it, not using it for points, but out of all the papers I've seen it was probably the easiest.....the questions about the work contract and the SWOT were nice ones to get- hate the ones about "describe how you organised work experience" -.-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I thought it was grand, mainly cop on, started watching the video at 10:00 finished the whole thing by 11:30

So easy. I can't believe you can get 70 points for that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Crow92 wrote: »
    I thought it was grand, mainly cop on, started watching the video at 10:00 finished the whole thing by 11:30

Don't know how you managed that. I started at 10 and was writing till 12:29 and I only did 4 General Questions.

Overall exam was good, pretty simple tbh. Good to have it out of the way

i thought it was pretty good, video was a bit weird :L

i was running short on time and the video wouldnt work at first so we started late :(

thats the first of our leaving cert exams :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

dannym08 wrote: »
    Don't know how you managed that. I started at 10 and was writing till 12:29 and I only did 4 General Questions.

Overall exam was good, pretty simple tbh. Good to have it out of the way

Maybe i just answered everything really badly ;) I dunno took me about 5-10 minutes to answer the case study and about 8 minutes for each question. I just thought of it as I was writing, but sure I easily could of messed it up lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

well it is an easy exam, but marked very very hard so it kinda balances out.
    Its 50 points anyway in the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

It was so easy, its ridiculous that thats 70 points! The Audio Visual was HILARIOUS, everyone was just laughing at the acting!

People who think it went badly, honestly I got 89% in the mock and I literally hand on heart did nothing for it, at the end of the day its just common sense and you always do better than expected!

1 down, 11 to go :D

Dannym08, I did 5 questions too and still left 10mins early so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

How did we all get on? That case study was a bítch:( Still writing like a bad thing at 12.30 but got it finished eventually. Phew.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

The case study was a nasty all right but not that bad. We had the funniest ordeal with the audio visual. First the computer we were watching it on wasn't updated so it wouldn't play, got another laptop for it. Then halfway through the computer decided to update itself and turn off. It was hilarious. So we got to see it a sneaky extra time :L

aine92 wrote: »
    It was so easy, its ridiculous that thats 70 points! The Audio Visual was HILARIOUS, everyone was just laughing at the acting!

People who think it went badly, honestly I got 89% in the mock and I literally hand on heart did nothing for it, at the end of the day its just common sense and you always do better than expected!

To be honest I found the video and the case study challenging infact evrything was.

I'm laughing at those who think it's 70points in the bag. Why well according to teachers 1 out of 10 get 70 points. So it wud be better if you said 50points in the bag.

Remember this exam is 40%. I'm sure you cud do the maths and figure out how many percent the portfolio is.

Good luck

To be honest I found the video and the case study challenging infact evrything was.

I'm laughing at those who think it's 70points in the bag. Why well according to teachers 1 out of 10 get 70 points. So it wud be better if you said 50points in the bag.

Remember this exam is 40%. I'm sure you cud do the maths and figure out how many percent the portfolio is.

Good luck

haha HAAA

chill out like

its just LCVP :)

and people are allowed have opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

aine92 wrote: »

COOL DUDES

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

btw 3 people out of Leaving Cert in my school got a distinction last year..Links is not easy

callaway92 wrote: »
    btw 3 people out of Leaving Cert in my school got a distinction last year..Links is not easy

No way lucky. I need the points so I need a distinction badly.

Quote of the day:
    “opinons are like asshole evryone has one"
    They all stink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭0.M.GXX

ok so that lcvp exam wasnt easy at all.. the case stdy was impossible and some of the general questions werre all buisness.. which didnt help me at all as i dont do buisness.. anyone feeel the same...
    anyone know if LEADER is a stakeholder?,.,,

x:eek:

• Advertisement

I'm sorry but I have to laugh

That question is hilarious.

Any one know if leader is a stakeholder.

OMG it's so hilarius.
    Well the answer is no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

I went to answer that question on stakeholders when suddenly I realised...turns out they names the stakeholders in the actual case study, talk about handing it to you!

0.M.GXX wrote: »
    ok so that lcvp exam wasnt easy at all.. the case stdy was impossible and some of the general questions werre all buisness.. which didnt help me at all as i dont do buisness.. anyone feeel the same...
    anyone know if LEADER is a stakeholder?,.,,

x:eek:

LEADER is an agency funded by the EU to help rural development. I knew what it was but still didn't mention it:P

darragh-k wrote: »
    I went to answer that question on stakeholders when suddenly I realised...turns out they names the stakeholders in the actual case study, talk about handing it to you!

Haha I did the exact same thing! I was halfway through the answer and did a big facepalm when I copped it. Had about 10 people turn and look at me cause of the slap I gave myself lol

Must have been quite a slap. So... come on....how are we all feeling about it? Relief now that it's over I'm guessing

*giggles* wrote: »
    LEADER is an agency funded by the EU to help rural development. I knew what it was but still didn't mention it:P

Would it not be better if you wrote leader plus rather than just LEADER. It is very confusing.

As in the case study the other stakeholders were listed in it.

A good exam tip is to read the exam passages and questions carefully and ALWAYS refer to the text.

We love the Leader?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

follow the leader

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

darragh-k wrote: »

ah bollocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Mark2006

Questions in the case study were awkward. Dvd was grand, and so were the long questions.
    It is the kind of exam where it is easy to answer everything, but it may not be the kind of answer that the examiner is looking for. Can kinda go either way.
    People who think the 70points are handed to you are wrong. Apparently only 10% of students get it.

How confident were people with their reports?

Advertisement