Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new consultant

Options
  • 02-05-2010 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me how to go about changing consultants? I wish to attend a consultant in a different hospital and am on the public system. Does anyone know where to start? will I have to wait all over again, I was waiting initially for a year and a half. I'm not happy with my present consultant.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Can anyone tell me how to go about changing consultants? I wish to attend a consultant in a different hospital and am on the public system. Does anyone know where to start? will I have to wait all over again, I was waiting initially for a year and a half. I'm not happy with my present consultant.
    Many thanks

you would need to see your GP , unfortunatley in the public system , you cannot choose which consultant you see and as their is no bigger clique in irish society than doctors , even you could change , your GP would more likely refuse to facilitate you , all doctors are wonderfull in GP,s eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭ClonmelHills

irishh_bob wrote: »
    you would need to see your GP , unfortunatley in the public system , you cannot choose which consultant you see and as their is no bigger clique in irish society than doctors , even you could change , your GP would more likely refuse to facilitate you , all doctors are wonderfull in GP,s eyes
    That is not true. I have been in that situation and i have changed .If you are not happy with a consultant ask the gp to refer you to another.if you let cliques in irish society bother you then you are buying into the thinking that allowed abuse i.e. some above question.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

OP here, thanks Clonmelhills, I was beginning to think we were back in 1800's ha ha with the cliques and being banished out of the medical system...I spose what I really want to know is; not if I can change.. but how to change consultants and if there will be a wait in the new hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

just ask your gp to refer you to someone else

im not sure about the waiting issue

Advertisement