Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Light Posts

Options
  • 02-05-2010 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭

Hi all

anyone know a good source for garden light posts. I'm looking for ones 2-3 feet tall, black as opposed to chrome/ aluminium. I've seen a few on UK websites but I'd prefer a bricks n mortar shop. Woodys and B&Q don't really have the type I'm looking for plus they're quite expensive.

If I'm getting in an electrician I presume if would be cheaper to get them to source them?

I'm in Kildare/Dublin

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

ya it generally maybe cheaper for him to source or at least he could tell you the best places in the area for you to get them from

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

A lot of lights come in sliver now for gardens, do they have to be black?

Also the uk gives you a lot more choice than just here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

UK websites do have a decent selection. I would prefer black though.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭bigjoe

Have a look here.

L.E.D.
    Most wholesalers will deal with L.E.D. and can supply you.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

the company LED mentioned above i think are part of a group called national lighting to which robus are a part of. ive some of their outdoor catalogues and they have some nice stuff that i dont think is on the led or robus website. there are a few wholesalers around the country that deal with a company called SGD based up in ashbourne who also do outdoor fittings. also do a search for aurora lighting, they are opening up a showroom in finglas soon and they do a lot of outdoor stuff.
    if you post up a pic of the type of fitting your looking for it might be easier to give you an idea on where to source them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Cheers folks for all the help. I'll have a look into the sources mentioned above.

Advertisement