Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of these routers?

Options
  • 02-05-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hi,
    I recently bought a Linksys WRT610N. It broke after a few weeks and I returned it for a replacement. The new one was not faulty but I really wasn't happy with the range (2.4 ghz was ok but 5 very poor) so I returned it too.

I gave up on getting a Dual band router and got a Belkin N300+ which has a good range but it is rather difficult to configure manually as the config page stops working after a few resets.

At first it is quite easy to configure but after that the admin page becomes inaccessible for some reason (I only configured wireless security setting BTW). At first I thought that its IP had been reassigned but it has not. I had a similar problem on the linksys but fixed it with a firmware update. This did not work for the Belkin.

It also doesn't show up as a network device in the windows network view which is a pain.

Anyone know how I would go about fixing this?
    Thanks

Advertisement