Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stanley Stove - door handle query!

• 02-05-2010 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

just moved in to our new house. we installed a stanley stove. but i have a small problem. i can't seem to figure out how you get the handle screwed on on the door. there is a bolt throught the handle with a stainless steel cap on it. under the cap there is threads which i would've thought go straight through to the handle on the stove but the bolt doesn't seem to be long enough to catch the handle.

anyone have similiar experiences?

thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Put the bolt into the bigger hole of the handle handle thread first and away from the stove turn it to see if the bolt threads come through the hole(at the bottom). If they do, then as long as there are 10 mm of thread showing use the appropriate screwdriver, connect with the bolt, go back to the stove and screw the handle onto the stove.
    IF they do not show then the hole is not clear or the bolt too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 okofen

UNSCREW THE STEEL CAP OF THE BOLT, TAKE THE BOLT OUT OF THE WOODEN HANDLE, TAKE THE TWO WASHERS OF THE BOLT, REFIT THE BOLT THROUGH THE WOODEN HANDLE AND SCREW UP INTO DOOR HANDLE.THIS SHOULD DO THE TRICK.

Advertisement