Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teething - 3wks old?????

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

hacked wrote: »
    what happens if your baby is a little ratfink who wakes every time she is transported from sleeping position to moses basket during the day?! lol

can't seem to get her down during the day, even if she's already asleep. She wakes up as soon as she hits the mattress. At night she's grand though...it's so weird. I guess she just knows, once she's in the moses basket, thats it for the night.

Ha I wish I knew!!!

Buggy??? It was my saving grace at around 12 weeks. Didn't end up with any bad habits either, well he did but we were able to kick them easily.

He still roars going into the cot for daytime naps but goes to bed at night absolutely no problem!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 112 ✭✭Chesty LaRue

What a day! DS has been hard work....didnt really sleep again today and has just gone down to bed (9.40pm). He fell asleep several times but only stays asleep for 20mins or so. I have tried everything...
    (a) his cot
    (b) his buggy
    (c) his bouncer chair
    (d) bean bag
    (e) car

its all the same, will fall asleep (with a fight) but wake up short time after. I have spent the day trying to get him asleep - cant keep doing this as I have another son who needs looking after :(..
    Cos he is tired he is contrary and so when he is awake wants to be carried all the time.
    I am shattered and really dont know what to do. anyone help?????

What about a sling??

Or one of those carrier things? DS used to fall asleep in one of those when he was very refluxy and couldn't sleep anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

What a day! DS has been hard work....didnt really sleep again today and has just gone down to bed (9.40pm). He fell asleep several times but only stays asleep for 20mins or so. I have tried everything...
    (a) his cot
    (b) his buggy
    (c) his bouncer chair
    (d) bean bag
    (e) car

its all the same, will fall asleep (with a fight) but wake up short time after. I have spent the day trying to get him asleep - cant keep doing this as I have another son who needs looking after :(..
    Cos he is tired he is contrary and so when he is awake wants to be carried all the time.
    I am shattered and really dont know what to do. anyone help?????

is he in any pain with wind/teeth/reflux?

Well had bad nite with DS, woke at 11.30 upset which is unlike him - (he sleeps good at night in between feeds) - gave him a little Calpol which seemed to settle him. He had 4 runny nappies yesterday and was munching his fists so maybe it was his teeth....its hard to know....he so young....it really is a guessing game :confused:

Anyhow, thankfully he is a lot better today and slept for 2 and half hrs this morn, had to go to town so he fell asleep in the car, transferred him to his pram and he didnt wake. Then had another nap for an 1hr this eve in his pram. And he is ok form when awake. So a good day all round :)

I am still using the Lactease drops in his bottles and to be honest cant say I am finding any huge improvement...would these make his nappies runny?

BTW, how did you get on with Ben at hosp appt?

• Advertisement

Well had bad nite with DS, woke at 11.30 upset which is unlike him - (he sleeps good at night in between feeds) - gave him a little Calpol which seemed to settle him. He had 4 runny nappies yesterday and was munching his fists so maybe it was his teeth....its hard to know....he so young....it really is a guessing game :confused:

Anyhow, thankfully he is a lot better today and slept for 2 and half hrs this morn, had to go to town so he fell asleep in the car, transferred him to his pram and he didnt wake. Then had another nap for an 1hr this eve in his pram. And he is ok form when awake. So a good day all round :)

I am still using the Lactease drops in his bottles and to be honest cant say I am finding any huge improvement...would these make his nappies runny?

It's only a few months ago and I'm still struggling to remember! But I'm sure when I put Jack on colief drops they made his nappies very runny for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

If you're using colief drops regularly, you should ask your GP about using the "comfort" brand of baby food, ie Cow & Gate Comfort. It helps with windy babies.

My little one started teething at 8 weeks, first tooth at 5 months and still continues to teeth. Personally, I found *anything* herbal useless. Try putting one of the Nelsons into your own mouth and see what flavour it reminds you of :)

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Yeah BEn was teh same for a few days and it settled down.. but when he was on the aptimil comfort they were very sticky and difficult for him to go. they're still a bit runny but much easier for him to go so i know which ones i'd rather!!!:D
    the drops won't have much of an effect on him though if he's not intolerant.. i'd given one bottle to ben with the drops and the change was instant..
    get him tested.
    if it's reflux try the infant gavisgon in a few bottles and see does that make a difference, he may not be intolerant so the drops wouldn't work..
    the pediatrician told me that in most cases if the drops don't work its something else! which is not helpful to you :rolleyes:
    she also just checked him over and i'd to bring a stool sample over the next day so i'm waiting for the results,
    she also told me to try to take him off the gavisgon but one bottle without it and he was spewing again so i put him back on it
    he's started baby rice on tuesday and he loves it he gets so excited when he sees the spoon now it's hilarious!! i did make the mistake of making rice with the milk before i'd put the potions in it and he had such pain after i felt so sorry for him:( i did not make that mistake again!! :D

I gonna bring DS to doc's tomorrow.

He has had a rash for past 3 weeks on his face & neck which looked like the very common pimples babies get (and doc said was ok at 6wk check) and which seemed to be agitated with the recent hot weather....however it flared up badly today and I am worried that it may be excema!!!:( it is spreading onto his chest....My mum reckons it is (my bro had really bad excema)

Going to ask to get an allergy test done (via poo sample, is this right???)
    Maybe he has an intolerance/allergy which would explain the rash, runny nappies and crankiness....

Honestly I am worn out!!!
    The joys of motherhood!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

My daughter got her first tooth at 6 weeks. Actually she got 2 in one day. I knew even though she was my first that she would teeth early as her gums were so hard. As a poster above said gavisgon is brilliant, my daughter suffered from an underdeveloped diahgphram, she couldnt keep her food down, she was very windy and every burp would bring up a fair bit of milk, she didnt sleep very well as she most likely had a sore tummy. All in gavisgon was the best solution I found.

On the second child I was recommended camomile syrup for teething, my sister had a new baby too and used it, every time the little one got upset or sore we'd stick her soother in a bit of syrup and it would send her off. Worked wonders. Pretty much everyone Ive known to have babies since then has used it, it seems to soothe babies. Now I did come across one doctor who said they wouldnt recommend it as it had high sugar content but no other doctor said that to me, the stuff has been used for years so is hardly harmful.

• Advertisement

Just an update...DS has got excema as diagnosed by doc. The hot weather hasnt helped it either. Doc wasnt too eager to change his formula and told me to hold out for another while. Well his rash got worse so I got Cow & Gate Pepti 1 formula (hydrolsed feed for cows milk protein allergy). However he wouldnt drink it! Seemingly it is very common for babies to refuse hydrolysed formulas when used to normal formula.

Friend of mine recommended an ointment called Epaderm 3 in 1 Emollient (her friend is a nurse in Dublin hospital and they use it on patients with Excema/Psoriosis).. very hard to get from the pharmacy but I managed to get it on Ebay. It is fantastic and DS skin has is almost clear and silky soft.

Have kept him on his normal feed and he seems to be doing ok, but going to get him checked anyhow for allergies. Waiting for appointment!!!

Advertisement