Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get description under the link ?

Options
  • 02-05-2010 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi,

How to get description under the link in google ?

I mean :
    1. Example Web Page

You have reached this web page by typing "example.com", "example.net", or "example.org" into your web browser. These domain names are reserved for use in ...
      www.example.org/ - Cached - Similar
    2. example.com - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

example.com, example.net, and example.org are second-level domain names reserved by the Internet Engineering Task Force through RFC 2606, Section 3, ...
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Example.com - Cached - Similar
    Thank you for your advices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

They're automatically generated by Google.

You can remove ones you don't want to appear via Webmaster Tools, but you can't make them appear

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Dagged

Blacknight wrote: »
    They're automatically generated by Google.

You can remove ones you don't want to appear via Webmaster Tools, but you can't make them appear

but my one shows the thing I don't want to and gives link to sub web than to main page. Why is that?

Actually I misunderstood your post :)

I thought you were referring to site links

The description / snippet is from the either the meta description or the first X characters of the page AFAIK

Blacknight wrote: »
    Actually I misunderstood your post :)

I thought you were referring to site links

The description / snippet is from the either the meta description or the first X characters of the page AFAIK

But for example a have on my main page sentence xyz and I have this same one on one of my sub page, and if i searched google for xyz it shows link to my sub page with it description. Why it dosen't show main one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Dagged wrote: »
    But for example a have on my main page sentence xyz and I have this same one on one of my sub page, and if i searched google for xyz it shows link to my sub page with it description. Why it dosen't show main one?

Because each page is treated individually - Google displays the most relevant page in it's search results. Not the main homepage of the website.

That's why you need to treat every page as a landing page when designing!

• Advertisement

OK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Huskora

Just put
    <meta name="description" content="put here what ever you would like to appear in the results in google" />
    also another tip, do it like this to get a better ranking:

<title>title of your website which is relivent to your page</title>
    <meta name="description" content="put here what ever you would like to appear in the results in google" />
    <meta name="keywords" content="start off with your title, next key phrase, next key phrase, next key phrase, next key phrase" />
    <meta name="robots" content="noodp,index,follow" />

This will help seo your page, if you need more help contact us on our support page at huskora.com and say you were speaking to us on boards.ie and we will help you out

Huskora wrote: »
    This will help seo your page,
    How?

And how does that actually answer the OP's question?

Advertisement