Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laois Venue looking for Musicians & Bands

• 02-05-2010 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi,
    Need any of the following:

Sunday Evening gigs 6-8pm or 7-9pm.
    Looking for traditional musicians for trad sessions ideally Violin, Accordian and AN other.

Sunday Night Gigs:
    Musician ideally guitar player to cover Irish Ballads/Folk Songs.

Saturday Nights:
    Looking for Bands to play modern and classic covers, must have all own amplification equipment etc.

Newly leased premises so still finding our feet in the area as regards the bands and musicians that are out there.

Obviously the acts that go down the best with the punters will be guaranteed repeat bookings.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22 mjmc

hey we are White Riot! a 5 piece cover band from waterford and carlow. we've been mainly gigging around waterford the past year but are looking to expand further. We cover everything from classic rock to modern rock and pop hits. We have all our own professional equipment. Just wondering whereabouts in laois is the venue and what are your rates for a band?

If there is any information you require or would like a sample setlist let me know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Freyja

Thenks for all the reply's guys.

Getting through all of them as soon as we can, still flat out getting the business off the ground as you may understand but will reply to each ASAP.

Thanks so much for interest and promise no-one will be ignored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68 ✭✭prince john

Hi have a look at our web site if you like what you see give me a shout
    www.thespectrums.net

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thebluesline

hello there,
    we're a good lively covers band with a set from 70's disco to 2010 charts we are a 3 piece band and we dont cost an arm and a leg pm me for details thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭auti

PM sent

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies.
    I have managed to ring most of you that PM'd me.

To those that I did not call, I have sent you a PM.

Hope to chat soon.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Baggio1

Hey Sir...only saw yur add tonight while working nightshift!,,,tried to pm you but not sure if it went through to you

i had to re join boards lately with a new account after all the password mess ups on the site a few months ago, so possibly wont let me send pm's yet...

am with classic rock covers act "Never Say Die",,,we're always loooking at new venues to play, have done many places from dublin to galway, wexford, cavan, kildare, etc etc.... if you didnt get the pm then contact me by pm and perhaps i can get back to you.

link to our website - www.myspace.com/neversaydieclassicrock

i can also send you on our demo pack by email if you want it.

ciao' amigo....Baggio..........

• Registered Users Posts: 12 breadfan1979

hi Freyja,
    I saw the add just now and sound good to us. we are cover band formed some months ago and looking to get few quid for playing bluesrock/hardrock classic covers. We have all our gear, need to plug to PA (vocal) and then have good fun on stage.
    if you need more info, PM me and let me know sth more about the venue, equipment, size, and the usual rates.
    We are kinda new so will not take your business down cause the fee:)
    good luck!

Blue Amber

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭brianh576

We are a 5 piece rock and chart covers band based in Co.Meath. We have an extensive range of music and can cater for all types of gigs. From Live music Venue's to weddings, Parties, Functions, Nightclubs.... Our ages range from 28 to 40 and we all have a long history on the gigging circuit, playing in some of the top tribute and original bands in the country... We bring our own qualified sound engineer to every gig to ensure the best quality night... We have played in some of the top venue's in the country such as QUAYS in Galway, SWTICH in Castleblaney, The Priory in Trim, Mc Phails in Drogheda and many more.... www.shakenedge.webs.com Photos, Recorded tracks, Biography etc...
    Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sonic77

Hey Freyja

We are a four piece rock band from the Kilkenny Waterford area. We have our own gear and would be interested in playing your venue. You can check out our myspace here:

http://www.myspace.com/votediamondjoe

We hope to hear from you soon!

Diamond Joe

• Advertisement

Once again thanks for all the replies and PM's, I have just replied to those that messaged me, and If I have your number I will call, I have requested phone number for the bands that I dont have contact details for.

I hope that the bands that I've booked so far have enjoyed their gigs, and Im glad to say.....not a dud amongst you yet.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Acushla

Freyja wrote: »
    Hi,
    Need any of the following:

Sunday Evening gigs 6-8pm or 7-9pm.
    Looking for traditional musicians for trad sessions ideally Violin, Accordian and AN other.

Sunday Night Gigs:
    Musician ideally guitar player to cover Irish Ballads/Folk Songs.

Saturday Nights:
    Looking for Bands to play modern and classic covers, must have all own amplification equipment etc.

Newly leased premises so still finding our feet in the area as regards the bands and musicians that are out there.

Obviously the acts that go down the best with the punters will be guaranteed repeat bookings.
    Hi are you still looking for ballad bands i have a few top bands for you regards alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Zombie Thread. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement