Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop + Corona = Bad

Options
  • 03-05-2010 12:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,284 ✭✭✭✭

My mate spilled beer onto the touchpad of his Dell Inspiron last night. It got down under the left/right click buttons on his laptop and now the touchpad and left/right click doesn't work. He's not sure what to do and I said I'd asK on here for him. It's booting fine luckily enough and he's still able to use it with a mouse for now. Any idea what he should do?

Cheers!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Be glad the laptop is only half broken? :confused:

You could have avoided that if you yanked out the battery and left it to dry in an airing cupboard for a few days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

find an online guide on how to dis-assemble the laptop, carefully of course!

Its most likely liquid damage to the small circuit board under the mousepad area.

Advertisement