Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Rafa retrospective

• 03-05-2010 6:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭

With talk growing by the day linking him to the Juventus job the question is should Rafa stay go.
    Points to be considered.
    1. Does he have the confidence of the board on the transfer market.
    2. Has he improved the value of the club?
    3. Has he taken enough risks with team selections?
    4. Did he err in the Aqualani transfer?
    5. Has he taken the team as far as he can?

I think that now is the time for Rafa to go with regards to option five. He was been absolutely fantastic for this club no matter what some of the pundits have said on TV and radio.
    But we need someone new to freshen things up.

Should Rafa stay 36 votes

No (pool fans)
    0%
    Yes (Pool fans)
    30%
    PaulwCivilServantTCP/IPturlyMaceFaceSir OxmanReganio 2[Deleted User]Armin_TamzarianDiggy78Spiritoftheseventies 11 votes
    No (Non pool fans)
    30%
    ButcherOfNogKulganDont be at yourselfmayordenismickslooderevil_seedjebidiahMr Alanbeardo81doc_17 11 votes
    Yes (non Pool fans)
    38%
    HelixCorben DallasKingp35anonymous_joedsmythyfillmore jiveOhNoYouDidn'tL'profBigBenRoethIrishIrishDazMarzMax Power1peabutlerCSF 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭mormank

YIPPEE! another is rafa leaving liverpool thread....i motion for this thread to be locked immediately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Yes (Pool fans)
    mormank wrote: »
    YIPPEE! another is rafa leaving liverpool thread....i motion for this thread to be locked immediately!
    No Mormank it isnt. The other was who should replace him. We have a race for fourth spot and and who will get a champions league spot on here. These are two different threads entirely.
    This is simply asking (and now is the time to be asking it) is there a case for him to stay.
    I'm making a very strong case for this thread to stay up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

No Mormank it isnt. The other was who should replace him. We have a race for fourth spot and and who will get a champions league spot on here. These are two different threads entirely.
    This is simply asking (and now is the time to be asking it) is there a case for him to stay.
    I'm making a very strong case for this thread to stay up.

Boards is becoming seriously boring.

Just admit you wanted to make your own poll.

Yes (Pool fans)
    Amazing. I didn't even call up that last poll yesterday. Was four months old. Again this is topical. Its the end of the season. And again if its alright to have two identical polls on the race for fourth spot, don't see any problem at all putting this up.
    Take it on its own merits. To add only saw the other thread now so have no problem with it being merged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Yes (non Pool fans)
    Good manager/coach, not necessarily great, but good is rare enough as it is. However, the Liverpool job really is a hiding to nothing.

He should get the fcuk out of there asap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I mean this without hosility

implied-facepalm.jpg

It sums up my own feelings not about the man but about the three ring circus some supporters delight in errecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Did we really need another thread on this topic ? This is what the whole summer is going to be like isnt it ? =/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it was 'Liverpool Day' a few days ago on here.

i love the club and all, but we don't need two of these days in a week.

ridiculous.

Yes (Pool fans)
    mike65 wrote: »
    I mean this without hosility

implied-facepalm.jpg

It sums up my own feelings not about the man but about the three ring circus some supporters delight in errecting.
    That film was very good by the way. The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. Seriously Mike65 I have seen five threads on Rafa six on aqua on some club forums. Even on here we had two on Chelsea liverpool game, two on race for champions league spot etc.Front page occassionally gets a bit cluttered so threads can be missed. Not that huge a deal that some posters are making it out to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,109 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Thought Redspider was back for a sec there :(

• Advertisement

Yes (Pool fans)
    Okay seeing we have the two threads here, we might as well turn this into a retrospective on Rafa's managerial career at the Pool
    Highs and Lows everybody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

No (Non pool fans)
    he's still at the club ya fruitcake, maybe hold your horses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Yes (non Pool fans)
    Rafa should go. Been a good manager while it lasted, but it has now been outlasted. Time to go quietly into the great blue yonder.

Yes (Pool fans)
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    he's still at the club ya fruitcake, maybe hold your horses.
    Okay we will impose a moratorium on it for the time being :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

DazMarz wrote: »
    Time to go quietly into the great blue yonder.

you want him at Chelsea?

Ancelotti's doing fine.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Seriously, why are people engaging this crazy egomaniacal (sp?) behaviour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

That film was very good by the way. The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. Seriously Mike65 I have seen five threads on Rafa six on aqua on some club forums. Even on here we had two on Chelsea liverpool game, two on race for champions league spot etc.Front page occassionally gets a bit cluttered so threads can be missed. Not that huge a deal that some posters are making it out to be

Surely if your afraid/annoyed at your threads not being on the front page we should be creating less threads?
    Also if club forums want 5/6 threads about Rafa doesn't mean a soccer forum for everybody who wants to talk about everthing soccer not just Liverpool needs 5/6 this isn't ment as an attack but what I feel is a general feeling about the place and am happy to be corrected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

With talk growing by the day linking him to the Juventus job the question is should Rafa stay go.
    Points to be considered.
    1. Does he have the confidence of the board on the transfer market.
    2. Has he improved the value of the club?
    3. Has he taken enough risks with team selections?
    4. Did he err in the Aqualani transfer?
    5. Has he taken the team as far as he can?

I think that now is the time for Rafa to go with regards to option five. He was been absolutely fantastic for this club no matter what some of the pundits have said on TV and radio.
    But we need someone new to freshen things up.

Question is confusing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Dave! wrote: »
    Question is confusing

I'd imagine the OP left out the word "or" in the sentence/question!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

That film was very good by the way. The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada.

trying to sound clever fail. that pic is from No Country for Old Men. Tommy Lee Jones doesnt play a cop in burials.

another lolthread though, well done.

LOONEY+TUNES+LOGO_001.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

How can we have a retrospective thread for something that is still current?

If he does go it will be in the next 2 weeks, and then would be the time for a thread like this imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Yes (non Pool fans)
    should he go? yes

do i want him to? no... i think him being there is good for villa moving forward tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Do you have a fetish for copying other people's threads or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Helix wrote: »
    should he go? yes

do i want him to? no... i think him being there is good for villa moving forward tbh

Same sentiments here but with City in mind instead!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

There's already a poll for this. A poll that SOTS has voted in. Eh..so why is this created? :confused:

This kind of sh!t just clogs up the forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

This forum needs a dedicated Rafa subsection. he clearly is an icon, him leaving Pool will be like the end of the third reich

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

This forum needs a dedicated Rafa subsection. he clearly is an icon, him leaving Pool will be like the end of the third reich

its like the bourne movies with these threads and now this title (which as pointed out makes no sense till Rafa is gone). I always like to argue the post and not the poster but there must be a reason (which should be noted) that so many of the responses to this thread have been about its validity as a thread as apposed to the topic in question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Right. I'll say the same thing I've said in every other "should Rafa go?" type thread.

No he should not go. He has been a brilliant manager for Liverpool over the last few years. Under the current regime there's nobody else Liverpool could really hope to get and shouldn't even be hoping to get anyone else in.

Who else is there... realistically? Mourinho? No. Not under the current financial crisis the club seems to be in.

Rafa has done a brilliant job at Liverpool and will continue to do a brilliant job at Liverpool.

These threads are beginning to annoy me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Locked.

This is already been discussed in the Is it time for Rafa to go? thread and inevitability the Superthread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement