Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oddys Airsoft Video Channel

12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Decoy wrote: »
    There has already been an incident involving a 16-year-old here, thankfully the result was the discharge (deployment?) of a taser by the Gardaí rather than a firearm otherwise we wouldn't be playing airsoft in this country today!

I'd like to see (and support) some sort of responsible airsoft ownership/usage campaign to educate and re-educate people on just how serious it would be for the sport if anything serious (tabloid news-worthy) happens.

I saw a muppet standing beside a main road the other evening admiring his new pistol. If I was a joe-soap citizen looking up i would have probably sh*t a brick.

It only takes 1 eejit too ruin it for everyone, I dont mean to scare-monger but its true :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

TNTQ wrote: »
    I'd like to see (and support) some sort of responsible airsoft ownership/usage campaign to educate and re-educate people on just how serious it would be for the sport if anything serious (tabloid news-worthy) happens.

I saw a muppet standing beside a main road the other evening admiring his new pistol. If I was a joe-soap citizen looking up i would have probably sh*t a brick.

It only takes 1 eejit too ruin it for everyone, I dont mean to scare-monger but its true :o

How much difference would a campaign really make though?

People like that know it's not right to have a gun, albeit an airsoft one out on the street, they just disregard the rules. I think it's safe to assume they're not 'airsofters' as such, more likely to be one off buyers and in all likelyhood wouldn't even see an airsoft safety campaign.

That said I too would support sucha a campaign I just think it could end up as a case of preaching to the choir rather than those who need to hear it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Blay wrote: »
    How much difference would a campaign really make though?

I think that a video by the boys extolling the virtues of responsible aeg/pistol ownership would do a lot of good with younger regular skirmishers and some older one's who may have developed bad habits. But as you say...preaching to the choir.

With regard to the one-time buyers/plinkers, nearly all the responsibility lies with the retailer (and rightly so). But at the risk of going off topic, that opens up a can of worms with regard to retailer restrictions, guidelines and licencing, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Same here... leaving a skirmish, and a young lad waiting at the bus stop to go home had his aug out and was taking the upper reciver off to stick it in his bag... by a main road... I facepalmed.

Oddy and Decoy... possibility of a safety/responsibility video? it would go down VERY well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭cobra 08

Firekitten wrote: »
    Same here... leaving a skirmish, and a young lad waiting at the bus stop to go home had his aug out and was taking the upper reciver off to stick it in his bag... by a main road... I facepalmed.

Oddy and Decoy... possibility of a safety/responsibility video? it would go down VERY well.

I have seen this many times. And it's not just young lads it's the experienced players too. Even if your arriving by car your aeg should be in a suitable bag/box. We all do be on here talking about things we hear about non Airsofters waving them about in public when the community is guilty of it ourselves. And if your coming or going from a site doesn't change the fact your displaying a fire-arm (or at least that's the way the guards will see it).

And it really is on the sites too enforce a no bag no game policy as it will be them that suffer when the locals start to kick up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Decoy

Firekitten wrote:

Do you honestly think we are credible enough to do this sort of public service video? We get the p*ss ripped out of us as it is, god knows what would happen if we were to do this?!?

We will ponder on it. If we're going to do this it has to be done right, I'm not interested in half-a*sing it, so let us see if we think we can produce something worth doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

Lads can I make a suggestion so? Make a small little announcement after each video or in the middle of each video. I am only going to assume you have watched any of the AirsoftGI videos and if you haven't I recommend you do.

At the end, or the start or even the middle of the video they stop and have an announcement about Airsoft safety, as in, finger off the trigger, weapon on safe, don't point it at anything you don't wish to shoot, and keep it out of the public eye.

It will only take two seconds but could make an impact. I see it every day I am on a site, complete disregard for, "fire-arm" (if you will) safety. Something so simple, but could make a difference.

But its up to ye I think it might be worth researching. ;)

I am a big Airsoft GI fan but I absolutely HATE those little safety inserts. Say it once by all means, but having them on every vid they do just irritates me*. Maybe it's because it feels like preaching to the choir but I don't see much value in those segments at all, I can appreciate the value of doing a safety vid but I would have to agree with a previous poster that almost everyone who views our vids will already be an active airsofter, and if they aren't already a RESPONSIBLE airsofter I'm not convinced a safety piece will convert anyone.

If we do a law/safety vid it will be a one-off. We will not be inserting safety clips in every because, apart from plagiarising Tim & Bob's work, I feel it is downright annoying.

*Airsoft GI are a retail operation so it makes sense for them to attach their safety clips to every video as they are obliged to appear to behave as repsonsibly as possible, in their case it means going over the top. It still irritates me though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

@Mark/Decoy: In all sincerity, even if ye do get slagged for it, it's still worth doing. You guys are bothered to make the stuff we (airsofters) talk about doing...so our opinions are very...how you say...immaterial. On boards, youtube, and even the internet as a whole, the naysayers and mud-slingers are always more vocal than the gracious...just the way it is. I think it would help, and I sincerely offer a helping hand if it's needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭Chefburns

Inari wrote: »
    @Mark/Decoy: In all sincerity, even if ye do get slagged for it, it's still worth doing. You guys are bothered to make the stuff we (airsofters) talk about doing...so our opinions are very...how you say...immaterial. On boards, youtube, and even the internet as a whole, the naysayers and mud-slingers are always more vocal than the gracious...just the way it is. I think it would help, and I sincerely offer a helping hand if it's needed.

Gotta agree with Inari! Your videos are helpful and informative but there is nothing on the face of the planet that is free from haters! You guys don't get enough thanks for the time and effort you put into your videos!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Decoy wrote: »
    I am a big Airsoft GI fan but I absolutely HATE those little safety inserts. Say it once by all means, but having them on every vid they do just irritates me*. Maybe it's because it feels like preaching to the choir but I don't see much value in those segments at all, I can appreciate the value of doing a safety vid but I would have to agree with a previous poster that almost everyone who views our vids will already be an active airsofter, and if they aren't already a RESPONSIBLE airsofter I'm not convinced a safety piece will convert anyone.

If we do a law/safety vid it will be a one-off. We will not be inserting safety clips in every because, apart from plagiarising Tim & Bob's work, I feel it is downright annoying.

*Airsoft GI are a retail operation so it makes sense for them to attach their safety clips to every video as they are obliged to appear to behave as repsonsibly as possible, in their case it means going over the top. It still irritates me though

the hobbies of airsoft will not be judged by the vast majority but my the lowest common denominator , possible a single person/incident

a large number of regular skirmishers still participate in dangerous practices tbh, any safety message is a good message even if it only gets thought to a few people

apathy is not a excuse tbh

I will take it under advisement and come back with a decision. It will only be done if it can be done absolutely spot-on, there's no point half-a*sing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Myabe just throw a safety ad in one in ten videos.

FYI: Oddy won't be posting on boards again so there's little point asking him questions on this thread. We are still making vids for the YouTube channel and I will continue to post them here. Here's the latest review for your consideration.

The G2010 is on the market a good while so there's not going to be anything revolutionary in this review as it's the same gun with 'official licensing', just thought some might like to see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

The mag mod for mids to fit the F2000 is quite easy - just in case anyone noted it from Mark's review above. You just need to remove about 3mm from one piece on top of the mag. The easiest way to see what needs to go is to compare a high cap mag top and your average mid cap mag top - the difference will be very clear immediately.

Mag brand plastic mids (or any other plastic mids) work best for this - as a file or hacksaw will do the necessary in a very short space of time. I managed to mod 10 mag midcaps in about twenty minutes, so it's a piece of pish.

And - the modding won't stop the mags working in any other aeg...

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AirsoftAaron

<Snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

<Snip>

AirsoftAaron.

Please use airsoft adverts and read the forum charters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭AtticRebel

on this issue of gun safety, the largest risk in my eyes has to be kids buying these guns randomly and displaying or discharging them in public. I'de love to see a regulating or moderating system on the sale of guns eg. serial numbering them and having to be registered in some-way.

tbh a solution should be decided on early in order to prevent a very serious incident and save all of us airsofters from possible legal ramifications.

love the show Decoy/Oddy especially the early vids from Hellfire that i'm in :rolleyes:

cheers to all hope i havent offended anyone!!!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

This has been discussed before, serial numbering or licencing would be impossible. There's too many parts around and too many guns to get a licence for each one of them.

Advertisement