Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet laying question

• 03-05-2010 8:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

Stupid question of the day:

Are there any problems with laying a carpet, grips and all, before fixing the skirting board? I have a carpet coming tomorrow in a re-dec room but I haven't got to fixing the skirting boards yet. I know shag all about carpet laying, does the grips depend in anyway on the skirting board?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,619 ✭✭✭✭looksee

They don't depend on the skirting board, but the skirting board will look odd sitting on top of the carpet, and any time you want ot take up the carpet for any reason you will have to take off the skirting board, which will in turn mess up your wall decoration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

azzeretti wrote: »
    Stupid question of the day:

Are there any problems with laying a carpet, grips and all, before fixing the skirting board? I have a carpet coming tomorrow in a re-dec room but I haven't got to fixing the skirting boards yet. I know shag all about carpet laying, does the grips depend in anyway on the skirting board?

If you ensure the carpet layer nails his grip-strip down as far from the wall as he would were it that the skirting board was in place, then there is no difference and no problem

When placing your skirting board down on the carpet, don't clamp the carpet down with it too tightly otherwise you'll have trouble taking it out next time.

Advertisement