Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you answer this question on WHV??

Options
  • 03-05-2010 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Can you get a WHV (for Oz or NZ) before you turn 31 and then enter within 12 months of it being granted? (being over 31 by few months by time you enter)
    Or do you have to enter the country before you turn 31??
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭eightyfish

Yep. You have to be under 31 when you apply for the WHV, but you can be older when you travel, AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RedNiamhy

I have to confirm what eightyfish said.
    As long as you are 30 when you apply for the WHV and enter Australia within 12 months of being granted it there are no issues.
    I am unsure as to whether you can apply for a second WHV being 31 turning 32 but you are definitely able to enjoy one year here!
    My boyfriend is on his 1st WHV and was 31 when he entered Australia.

Good luck with your application and hope you love Australia!!!

RedNiamhy wrote: »
    I am unsure as to whether you can apply for a second WHV being 31 turning 32 but you are definitely able to enjoy one year here!

Same rules apply to second WHV. If you're going to turn 31 during the first year you need to apply for the 2nd year's visa before you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

But would the first WHV not have to expire before the 2nd one could start and thus you would be too old (31 or over) by the time the 2nd one would start???? (if you get what I mean)

All that matters is your age when you apply. You can apply for your 2nd while on your 1st.

• Advertisement
Advertisement