Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today 11 years ago 03/05/1999

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

the link is to notin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Iancar29 wrote: »
    the link is to notin.

fixed i hope

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I was living in Haysville, KS at the time when a tornado hit Sedgewick county. First tornado event that occured in darkness for me and it just leveled us. An F4 touched down close to the Turnpike and was moving away from us. Then it changed path and the report we didn't want to hear went out. It bagan moving towards Haysville and was heading straight for our neighborhood. I remember the sirens going off and catching glimpses of the tornado in the distance when the lightnight struck. It was dark and rain wrapped which meant it was hard to tell how close it was. We had some neighbors come over to our cellar and we waited it out. I'll never forget the difference between going in and coming out. Our house was gone and there was nothing but cars turned over and pieces of wood everywhere. Completey destroyed homes and lives. I lost my best friend to that tornado as well as one of my elderly neighbors who died a few days later. It also ended up being the final tornado experience for me as it resulted in my family moving back to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

I was living in Haysville, KS at the time when a tornado hit Sedgewick county. First tornado event that occured in darkness for me and it just leveled us. An F4 touched down close to the Turnpike and was moving away from us. Then it changed path and the report we didn't want to hear went out. It bagan moving towards Haysville and was heading straight for our neighborhood. I remember the sirens going off and catching glimpses of the tornado in the distance when the lightnight struck. It was dark and rain wrapped which meant it was hard to tell how close it was. We had some neighbors come over to our cellar and we waited it out. I'll never forget the difference between going in and coming out. Our house was gone and there was nothing but cars turned over and pieces of wood everywhere. Completey destroyed homes and lives. I lost my best friend to that tornado as well as one of my elderly neighbors who died a few days later. It also ended up being the final tornado experience for me as it resulted in my family moving back to Ireland.

Thanks for sharing that memory. Sounds like a really terrible experience, I cannot imagine what that must have been like.

Advertisement