Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ebuyer good for parts?

Options
  • 03-05-2010 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Been browsing around for parts for a new PC build and ebuyer seems to do quite well in both having the parts I'm looking for and offering them at good prices. Never ordered off them before (from searching boards.ie I'm aware that the best approach would be google checkout) so I was wondering if anyone had comments regards the following:

-How good is their packaging? i.e. sufficent bubblewrap etc around harddisks and other components that would need it?

-Any comments on their courier? Does it handle large items well and at a reasonable price? Looking at getting a case and a large LCD from them as well as most other components needed to get a complete system up and running.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭ttcomet

I ordered off them before, they were nothing great.
    The parts that I had ordered were in stock but they still sent me a mail to say one item (the site claimed there were 100+ in stock) was not in stock, followed by a second mail shortly after to tell me they had sent it.

The part that annoyed me the most was that they split the order in two and sent them via separate couriers without telling me. The first box arrived very early on in the morning. When I contacted them they only gave me one tracking number (for the part that had arrived).

I contacted them several times via their note system and although I got responses they were mostly written by people with an IQ slightly lower then a recently deceased chimpanzee. The second box finally arrived via the second courier in the afternoon which is when it became obvious what they had done. Although I never got an acknowledgment from them that there was in fact a second box.

I would not recommend them unless they are offering a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I've had pretty good experiences with them. Their delivery for me was very fast for a group of items. Prices can be good, but fluctuate a bit, even from day to day. Delivery varies by weight too, so watch that. Items were well packed and arrived in good condition.

Make sure, if you intend to use them, to use google checkout as that's the easiest way to order with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

I've never used them to be honest. I typically get all my stuff from either Elara.ie or Komplett.ie (now that they do collection) because they do not charge for collection. If your in the Dublin area its pretty handy and for larger items like an LCD it can save you a nice bit on shipping (I got an LCD from Elara last year and saved myself 30E on shipping compared to Komplett). Also from my own personal experience I prefer to deal with an Irish based company because if there are any problems with items you've ordered you can drop it back to them rather than having to be out of pocket to ship a faulty item back to where you ordered it from. Elara are fairly competitive on price for most items and have a very large selection (compared to Komplett) with a good search function which means if your looking for something specific you can use the model number and if they stock it then you will generally find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

+1 on elara for reliability. Very good customer service.

Komplett used to be decent, but are a bit all over the place lately with their buyout.

Advertisement