Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga - Week 36

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I think he meant more along the lines of one of the best players not to go to the world cup, not one of the all time greats, which is a fair analysis.

Fair enough if that's the case :)

Huuuuuuuuge 3 points for Zaragoza, almost safe now. Had Espanyol kept the draw they would have assured their top flight status but now will need to wait for the weekend. Xerez officially relegated.

12 Espanyol 41
    13 Almería 41
    14 Zaragoza 40
    15 Sporting 39
    16 Málaga 36
    17 Racing 36
    18 Tenerife 35
    19 Valladolid 33
    20 Xerez 30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Dirt!!!!!!!!!!!!

dirty linesman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

gimmick wrote: »

Come on Mallorca. COME ON.

Pfft come on madrid :D

Mallorca should be 3 up at this stage.

Will come back to haunt them.

oh, Goal...........

1 - 0

Aduriz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

NOoooooooooooooo

:(

Have to do it the hard way as usual....

Ronaldo YET again.

1 - 1

Madrid are fcuked without him like many clubs.

Fúcking fúck anyway.

Good man Ronnie. Now let's see a hat-trick!

• Advertisement

heheheheheh

Mallorca wasting far too many chances. Really need to start converting. That said, Casillas has made some nice saves.

Mallorca wasting far too many chances. Really need to start converting. That said, Casillas has made some nice saves.

yeah I mentioned that already.

It will come back to haunt them.

Real will win this game and Mallorca rue the missed chances.

Ronnie you genius! Only one goal behind el Pipita now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

And there ya go, Ronnie again, Real 2-1 up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

31 goals in 33 games this season for Ronaldo. Pretty damn impressive.

• Advertisement

Pighead wrote: »
    31 goals in 33 games this season for Ronaldo. Pretty damn impressive.

Aye, he is carrying the team for the most part.

I would say had he not been injured for 5/6 weeks before Xmas then Real would be top.

Then done pretty poor during his absence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,367 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

3 for Ronaldo and 25th for the season in the league

Game over. **** sake. Truth told it was over the second that front bottom equalised.

kinaldo wrote: »
    Good man Ronnie. Now let's see a hat-trick!

Much obliged Ronnie! Obrigado!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Excellent stuff from Ronny, but he's no Messi. :)

• Advertisement

Some return, had half expected him to flop at Madrid like so many players have but 32 goals in 33 games is an amazing return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Ronaldo this season is the best he's ever played imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Some return, had half expected him to flop at Madrid like so many players have but 32 goals in 33 games is an amazing return

Same here, I thought his pace just kept above the pack in England but I actually think he's hugely improved since playing in Spain.

The chap is unreal! Him and Messi are a whole different level above anyone else.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Ronaldo this season is the best he's ever played imo.

Tbh hes been normal , but people dont like him so the media cant relate to him like they can Messi.

Sevilla may not implode in the close season yet!!!

A goal down away to one of the toughest teams on home turf in an absolute must win game, to respond with a hat-trick is just unbelievable! Anything Messi can do... :)

So Sevilla are in good form and the pressure in back on Barca, nice! Also Valladolid will hopefully still be fighting for their lives on the final day.

Unfortunately, its highly likely he'll end up with no silverware to show for all the goals, think the EPL had a problem with the big4? The problem of the big two in La Liga is much worse IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

How many matches have Real come from behind this season to win ?
    Its getting ridiculous .
    If they pip Barca to the league it will be a smash and grab job .

Ush1 wrote: »
    Same here, I thought his pace just kept above the pack in England but I actually think he's hugely improved since playing in Spain.

I am not so sure. I think its more down to the fact he plays up front for Madrid whereas he didnt for United. Its quite similar to Rooney if you ask me - stick them up front and they will score more. Rooney could have been avg 30 a season for the past several seasons had he been played up front as he is now. I think the same could have been said of Ronaldo during his last three seasons at United. His 42 goal season at United was more impressive for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

4-1 now.

• Advertisement

The problem of the big two in La Liga is much worse IMO

They get all the tv money, in EPL its split reasonably fairly if it wasnt EPL would be exactly like la Liga.

No way will they drop any points between now and the the end. Pressure does not seem to get to them.

Mallorca folded something rotten in this game.

Unfortunately, its highly likely he'll end up with no silverware to show for all the goals, think the EPL had a problem with the big4? The problem of the big two in La Liga is much worse IMO
    Really? The last two times a team other than Chelsea or Man Utd won the EPL (Arsenal in 2004 and 2002), Valencia won la Liga.

Meanwhile Sociedad and Sevilla have at least challenged for the league right up to the final day of the season.

Lovely finish by Higuain.

The other goal machine is back.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

redout wrote: »
    I am not so sure. I think its more down to the fact he plays up front for Madrid whereas he didnt for United. Its quite similar to Rooney if you ask me - stick them up front and they will score more. Rooney could have been avg 30 a season for the past several seasons had he been played up front as he is now. I think the same could have been said of Ronaldo during his last three seasons at United. His 42 goal season at United was more impressive for me.

But he's in a generally very similar role for Madrid. It's usually Higuain through the middle but they often move about. I actually think he's become less selfish and tries to do the simple things more often. Less stepovers and pointless razzle dazzle nonsense.

Mallorca folded something rotten in this game.
    Typical Barca fan.

Nothing more rotten than that Santander game at the Nou Camp earlier this season.

Ush1 wrote: »
    But he's in a generally very similar role for Madrid. It's usually Higuain through the middle but they often move about. I actually think he's become less selfish and tries to do the simple things more often. Less stepovers and pointless razzle dazzle nonsense.

I disagree. He is definitely more advanced up field for Madrid.

Gone are his days at United of tearing down the wing.

Really? The last two times a team other than Chelsea or Man Utd won the EPL (Arsenal in 2004 and 2002), Valencia won la Liga.

Meanwhile Sociedad and Sevilla have at least challenged for the league right up to the final day of the season.
    Very true, only a few years back, the winner of La Liga could never be predicted, but i'm only saying that from what i've seen this season, Real and Barca seem quite a bit better than the other good-ish teams like Mallorca, Valencia or Atletico. Put it this way, what odds would you get that the winner of La Liga next season wont be Barca or Real?

Dreamers is right, its the rights money thats a big part of the problem there..

• Advertisement

Typical Barca fan.

Nothing more rotten than that Santander game at the Nou Camp earlier this season.

meh your own teams performance will dictate who wins the league, no point blaming others.

Typical Barca fan.

What? Real equalised, and it completely knocked the stuffing and belief out of Mallorca after their excellent start.

What? Real equalised, and it completely knocked the stuffing and belief out of Mallorca after their excellent start.

That happens all the time. You said something was ''rotten''.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Johner wrote: »
    Lovely finish by Higuain.

Thought that too, but after seeing the replay, took a big bobble, could've gone anywhere, looked more spectacular than whatever he could have done though.:D

No, I said they folded something rotten, as in, they folded in a big way.

Typical Real fan always thinking others are conspiracy theorists :p

No, I said they folded something rotten, as in, they folded in a big way.

Typical Real fan always thinking others are conspiracy theorists :p

haha ok anyway I'm a Sevilla fan for the next few days :)

• Advertisement

Dreamers is right, its the rights money thats a big part of the problem there..

Don't like that argument at all, Barca also don't make revenue from shirt endorsements because they have no sponsor, whereas every other big club does.

Otherwise I agree there is a massive gulf between Barca/ Real and the rest of the league, the fact that Barca can amass 99 points this season is testament to that, it's ridiculous how little Barca/ Real have been punished for their mistakes this season. It's a bad sign of things to come in the future imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Don't like that argument at all, Barca also don't make revenue from shirt endorsements because they have no sponsor, whereas every other big club does.

Otherwise I agree there is a massive gulf between Barca/ Real and the rest of the league, the fact that Barca can amass 99 points this season is testament to that, it's ridiculous how little Barca/ Real have been punished for their mistakes this season. It's a bad sign of things to come in the future imo.

It does them no good in Europe either tbh.

Bet barca sell more shirts than any other club in the world so hardly matters whats on it.

In the last 3 seasons Sevilla had numerous chances to go top, this season they had one its not as one way as some people think it. there is a chance but it involves investment, the reason Spain wont get it as the big 2 dominate the tv market, in EPL everyone gets some its not just money its being on the tv :)

But some clubs (sevilla recently) cant afford to splash out and take a chance and are more than happy to make a profit and rely on CL and selling players for a massive profit.

Valencias plight is further more to that.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Bet barca sell more shirts than any other club in the world so hardly matters whats on it.

Don't think you understand my point. Companies like AIG/ Samsung/ BWIN pay clubs millions and millions every year so that their logo is put on the shirt. Barcelona don't have that revenue stream, so that easily evens up the playing field financially. Also, isn't winning the EPL worth something like 40 million? The winner of La Liga gets far far farrrrr less than that.

Barca and Real will be playing their respective games simultaneously this weekend (according to Soccernet), can't remember the last time that has happened.

• Advertisement
Advertisement