Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone blocking some websites on my Desire

• 03-05-2010 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hey everyone

This is probably not an Andoid specific issue, but since it's happening on a Desire...

When I try to go to the Facebook or Twitter sites, I get a message saying I have to verify my age with Vodafone.

Has that ever happened to anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Not a problem for me with a desire on Vodafone, everything just works!

I'm on bill pay tho, that might make a difference?

Go Team!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭Bruno Batista

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Not a problem for me with a desire on Vodafone, everything just works!

I'm on bill pay tho, that might make a difference?

Go Team!
    Also on Bill Pay.
    Might be something with the settings, maybe a wrong APN?
    Currently using the Live! one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Didn't change any settings myself, it just worked straight out of the box. Call Voda maybe.

Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

sites like that are 16+ so will just have to ring vodafone and ask them about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

The thing I hate is vodafone putting in there poxy giant header and footer on sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Theta wrote: »
    The thing I hate is vodafone putting in there poxy giant header and footer on sites.

See this thread for the way to get rid of these headers and footers...remove the proxy setting.
    Dont know why vodafone do this ****.

Ludo wrote: »
    See this thread for the way to get rid of these headers and footers...remove the proxy setting.
    Dont know why vodafone do this ****.

oops : link
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055901065

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

I tried removing the proxy and no net based services will work. Even after I put it back in. Does it require a restart?

Ignore that, it was my cock up!

Shouldn't need a restart as far as I remember. Others who did it today didn't seem to have a problem either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Nikonman

Hi Out there can any one help me with removing the annoying red Vodafone banners on a Nokia c3, each time I visit websites I get this red Vodafone header and footer, The problem is that the banner is blocking out my web banner and logo, any help would be great as its really messing me up, don't have the problem on google, or face book , just my website and others.When I contacted Vodafone about it they told me my phone was faulty, after that they informed me that is was the content of my we site, so I contacted Nokia and they inform me that its Vodafone is the problem, can any one help,spen a lot of money on the website design, not to have the name blocked out, and logo lost by a red and white banner top and bottom Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement