Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roche injury updates??

• 03-05-2010 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭

Well Lads,

I see Roche didn't complete the Tour of Romandie and is listed as pulling out due to knee injury? Anyone know any more details?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dura Ace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Dura Ace wrote: »

hope its nothing too serious

but isnt tendonitis pretty crappy,

your man Owen Hargreaves was out for the guts of 2 years for scummy man utd with it,

hope its something minor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

hope its nothing too serious

but isnt tendonitis pretty crappy,

your man Owen Hargreaves was out for the guts of 2 years for scummy man utd with it,

hope its something minor

It doesn't sound like tendonitis.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Torn hamstring
    Nicolas Roche’s preparation for this year’s Tour de France is in doubt following the news yesterday that he has torn a hamstring, writes Shane Stokes.
    The problem flared up after Friday’s time trial stage of the Tour of Romandie and Roche withdrew from the event. He underwent a MRI in Nice yesterday and was told to take at least a fortnight off the bike.
    The news will interfere with his build-up to the Dauphiné Libéré, a selection race for his Ag2r la Mondiale team for the Tour de France.
    “After a MRI scan I have been advised by my doctor that I have a torn muscle and will need to take a minimum of two weeks off the bike, possibly three,” the 25-year-old said yesterday afternoon. “They will do another scan in two weeks to see how the injury is healing, and I am hoping to be allowed back on the bike then.”
    He has been one of the team’s best performers this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

dave2pvd wrote: »
    It doesn't sound like tendonitis.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/05/owen-hargreaves-injury-manchester-united

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted that the slowness of Owen Hargreaves's 16-month recovery from tendinitis is now a serious concern but is hopeful the midfielder can return for the climax of the Premier League season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/05/owen-hargreaves-injury-manchester-united

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted that the slowness of Owen Hargreaves's 16-month recovery from tendinitis is now a serious concern but is hopeful the midfielder can return for the climax of the Premier League season.

Let me clarify: my comment was that Roche's injury did not sound like tendonitis.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Fourth in his comeback race today. Pretty impressive after a month out, and hopefully encouraging for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Wonder if he is going to defend his national champs in Sligo at the end of the month??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

E@gle. wrote: »
    Wonder if he is going to defend his national champs in Sligo at the end of the month??

anyone know the route ?? want to head down to watch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

anyone know the route ?? want to head down to watch

Not sure of Route nothing up on Eire OG's website which are promoting club.

• Advertisement
Advertisement