Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laurent Blanc offered France job

• 03-05-2010 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

L'Equipe are reporting that Laurent Blanc has been offered the role and the FFF are waiting for him to respond. I presume it's for after the World Cup. It would be harsh, even on Domenech, to replace him before the World Cup Finals.

Thoughts? Seems like a talented manager, brought the title to Bordeaux but fell away towards the end of this season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

There was rumours about this a while ago that Blanc would be brought in after the World Cup. Can't remember where I saw it.

It alls depends what happens in the World Cup. If France go on and win it (hope not!!!), or even a semi-final place, then Domenech will not be replaced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Awful idea. Young manager still finding his feet and they offer him one of the highest pressure jobs in football which could destroy his career in a matter of months.

I'd say he'll turn it down.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I don't really rate him. I found his defeatist attitude with the French title still all to play for a bit much. He lucked into a title last year and threw in the towel when the going got tough this season. He didn't build on the squad from 08-09 and was a bit fortunate to get Gourcuff back from Milan. That showed as they ran out of steam abotu 6 weeks back. Granted, Bordeaux have no money, but neither do Auxerre and they're still fighting for the championnat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

He'd be mad to take it. Ditto Deschamps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Wenger in reality should be the next manager his last job before retiring I think it could destroy his carreer and the way the french people think about him he could be detested by the end of it if they didn't do great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Awful idea. Young manager still finding his feet and they offer him one of the highest pressure jobs in football which could destroy his career in a matter of months.

I'd say he'll turn it down.

taken in isolation this could read as a post about Stan (cept maybe not biggest jobs in world football but for an Irish manager maybe), its hard to turn down leading your own country if the FA think your the right man. Dunno if he will take it but I wouldent be surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Wenger in reality should be the next manager his last job before retiring I think it could destroy his carreer and the way the french people think about him he could be detested by the end of it if they didn't do great.

You think he should be the next manager because it will destroy his career???

jasonorr wrote: »
    You think he should be the next manager because it will destroy his career???
    Sorry I ment Wenger should take it because he could handle it but it could destroy Blanc's carreer so he shouldn't I dont think he could do a good enough job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Sorry I ment Wenger should take it because he could handle it but it could destroy Blanc's carreer so he shouldn't I dont think he could do a good enough job.

Ah right, I get you...you just want the best manager in London out the window...don't you??? :D Whether Blanc is ready or not, surely he'd still be a better choice than that clown Domenech???

jasonorr wrote: »
    Ah right, I get you...you just want the best manager in London out the window...don't you??? :D Whether Blanc is ready or not, surely he'd still be a better choice than that clown Domenech???
    It wouldn't hurt to have him go tbh ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I'd agree that it would be very unfair to bring him in before the World Cup ... but we're talking about Domenech.

If Irish fans think we had it bad with Givens, just imagine having the same situation with the senior side. He's only there because of his buddies in the FFF.

I detest Domenech as a manager. He's utterly clueless. When they went a man down and a goal down to Italy in Euro 2008 and they needed a win to get out of the groups, he went and took off Nasri and brought on a defender. Taking off one of your most creative players for a defender when you're a mand down and you've nothing to hold on to? Yeah, that'll win you games. :rolleyes:

I still believe that France only got to the 06 Final because Zidane and the other senior players dragged them there.

Also, calling up Makelele after he announced his international retirement and then running to FIFA when Makelele said he wanted to stay retired was another bad move. Can players not make their own choices anymore?

As for Blanc, I'd like to see him give it a go. I don't think it would destroy his career. It's hardly going to be a total catastrophe, a la Stan.

Advertisement