Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Ireland won't give unlocking codes

Options
  • 03-05-2010 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hi,
    I was with 3 mobile (pay as you go) for a while. After many problems with them and being treated like dirt by the customer service team many times I have changed networks.

I have two Nokia's on the 3 network and want to use my new sim card but they wont let me. One guy from the company did say that I could pay €100 to have the two phone unlocking codes, then he asked me for my credit card details!!!.

what can I do to get these phones unlocked?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Go to your nearest unlocking shop. Expect to pay 10 - 20 per phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are you bill or payg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Ophelia7

Davy wrote: »
    Are you bill or payg?
    Payg

You need to have topped up by €130 and then pay €27 to get the code. The €27 is an admin charge. Also the €130 cant include the credit they have given you

Or go get it done yourself as DM said already. It will probably be cheaper, depending what model the phone is

You need to have topped up by €130 and then pay €27 to get the code. The €27 is an admin charge. Also the €130 cant include the credit they have given you

Or go get it done yourself as DM said already. It will probably be cheaper, depending what model the phone is
    I have done all that, I had been with them quite a while and I have spent well over €130. I find them extremely rude and lazy, where the €100 charge came from, I don't know.

• Advertisement

Ophelia7 wrote: »
    I have done all that, I had been with them quite a while and I have spent well over €130. I find them extremely rude and lazy, where the €100 charge came from, I don't know.

This is exactly why i tell most people to spend the €27 in an unlock shop rather then give it to them. No other operator charges this 'admin fee'

This is exactly why i tell most people to spend the €27 in an unlock shop rather then give it to them. No other operator charges this 'admin fee'
    Thanks Davy, Ill do that tomorrow because ill bin the phone before I'd give them anymore money

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If any of the phones need any repair get it done before you unlock them as sometimes if they've to go for repair they'll come back locked to 3 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭kopite davo

its possible to download some software depending on the nokia model and these will unlock for free. try it

its possible to download some software depending on the nokia model and these will unlock for free. try it

Not for any model that three has sold though

• Advertisement
Advertisement