Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kelleher insurance

Options
  • 03-05-2010 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi, not sure where to put this so feel free to move and apologies. I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback on kelleher insurance? My house insurance is nearly up and looking around for quotes, these brokers have given me a quote thats cheaper than from the company themselves straight? Its a significant amount of money in the difference which i would like to save but wondering is this too good to be true? Anybody have any experience with them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

slowmoe wrote: »
    Hi, not sure where to put this so feel free to move and apologies. I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback on kelleher insurance? My house insurance is nearly up and looking around for quotes, these brokers have given me a quote thats cheaper than from the company themselves straight? Its a significant amount of money in the difference which i would like to save but wondering is this too good to be true? Anybody have any experience with them?

Thanks

Thats pretty normal, i got my Car insurance cheaper through a broker with Hibernian than what Hibernian quoted themselves.

Just make sure the terms of the policy are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Thanks

Don't worry - just check the cover is the same and the excess etc.

You are insured by the Insurance Company, not the broker so there is absolutely no risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

My partner and his family and all his family businesses have been insured through Kellehers for years and never had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

great thanks!

the one in drogheda or dundalk? its the one in drogheda im in contact with. is duundalk a different company or branch? :confused:

their quote is really good and has some added cover, if its genuine im really impressed but was concerned it was too good to be true! thanks everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

great thanks!

the one in drogheda or dundalk? its the one in drogheda im in contact with. is duundalk a different company or branch? :confused:

their quote is really good and has some added cover, if its genuine im really impressed but was concerned it was too good to be true! thanks everyone

Both the same family company as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

thanks i went with the one in drogheda and got a pair of jimmy choos with the savings !!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

It just means the insurance broker is giving up a portion of their commission that's paid to them by the insurance provider so you can benefit from a cheaper rate.

Advertisement