Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Econometrics Grinds Needed

Options
  • 03-05-2010 1:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I am currently finishing up a msc in finance and need help compiling and analysing my data set using either R, strada or excel....I have yet to grasp any of these programmes with any real purpose, so if anyone has the necessary skills in econometrics please contact me. Great money spinner as I will pay well and I am not the only one in the class who may need help!! For more info please mail me, thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 261 ✭✭blucey

jermur wrote: »
    Hi, I am currently finishing up a msc in finance and need help compiling and analysing my data set using either R, strada or excel....I have yet to grasp any of these programmes with any real purpose, so if anyone has the necessary skills in econometrics please contact me. Great money spinner as I will pay well and I am not the only one in the class who may need help!! For more info please mail me, thanks in advance!!

stata you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Lucey, is this what you're sending out to the market? :pac:

OP, I'll forward this to a friend who might be able to help. What econometrics do you need to do?

OP, I'll forward this to a friend who might be able to help. What econometrics do you need to do?

twould (should) be eviews command line or RATS if twere me. I disclaim all knowledge of R. Stata is econ-ometrics (great for panel data, not so hot for time series). I have entire papers done using Excel (the randomization/resampling addin is cool)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jermur

Apologies, Stata is what I meant!! Its the only one I have no experience with, but have heard its quite handy....unfortunately they persist with R out in our neck of the woods!! My data would be time series orientated....perhaps I will work with excel first and see how I fair...

Glad I didnt go for Trinners now that I see Lucey is on the look out for his students here......hahaha, joke of course!!!

jermur wrote: »
    Apologies, Stata is what I meant!! Its the only one I have no experience with, but have heard its quite handy....unfortunately they persist with R out in our neck of the woods!! My data would be time series orientated....perhaps I will work with excel first and see how I fair...

Glad I didnt go for Trinners now that I see Lucey is on the look out for his students here......hahaha, joke of course!!!
    Im like the skibereen eagle....
    your econometrics people must be statisticians at heart if they have you r-ing.
    I was thinking, I have lost count of the packages etc I have used
    Shazam
    Troll
    Splus
    r (indeed)
    TSM
    TSP
    Ox
    Oxmetrics
    eviews
    Rats
    Stata
    Blossom
    SAS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 colbags

im in the same situation as the OP. Doing my dissertation at the moment and need some help on how to run a couple of regressions....

i pay well and know many classmates who also need help

Any feedback or recommendations as to where i could get some help is appreciated

err no. I no longer run that course. And we have two modules in econometrics available one mandatory the other optional. Some opted...some did not. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Ms.Bond

Hi
    I am in the same situation as the original poster, just wondering if they found any information??

Advertisement