Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Jackets

Options
  • 03-05-2010 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

Just wondering where would be the best place to purchase a life jacket in Galway be ??( not overpriced:D)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Purcell Marine in Clarenbridge woud be worth a shot.
    Don't know about the price of the stuff though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JayMcD

Galway Maritime on Merchants Road would be the best place for a life jacket, really over priced tho, €150 - €200 for an adult, €60 - €100 for child to teen, Take a deep breath before you go in tho, the old man would make a nun commit murder, cross your fingers and hope its the young guy in there. Marine Parts Direct (Dublin) do them, only €5 delivery in Ireland, Union Chadlery and CH Marine both in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Landers Leisure in Tralee or Wet n Wild in Letterkenny might be worth a call. Both will deliver to Galway pretty reasonably.

Also Union Chandlery and Matthews in Cork as previously mentioned; tho I'd ring Tralee and Letterkenny first as both price very keenly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭JayMcD

Landers Leisure in Tralee or Wet n Wild in Letterkenny might be worth a call. Both will deliver to Galway pretty reasonably.

Also Union Chandlery and Matthews in Cork as previously mentioned; tho I'd ring Tralee and Letterkenny first as both price very keenly.

They get there life jackets from Galway Maritime, as they're the main "CrewSavers" dealers for Ireland. Marine Patrs and Union might stock a different and cheaper brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

JayMcD wrote: »
    They get there life jackets from Galway Maritime, as they're the main "CrewSavers" dealers for Ireland. Marine Patrs and Union might stock a different and cheaper brand.

Both the store in Tralee and the one in Letterkenny stock brands other than Crewsaver aswell. I'm certain of this as when I noticed I thought it was nice to see options for once; I can't speak confidently about the stores in Cork that I mentioned as it's been a while since I've dealt with either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭susanroth

JayMcD wrote: »
    , Take a deep breath before you go in tho, the old man would make a nun commit murder, cross your fingers and hope its the young guy in there. .
    God Ithought it was just me, that man is a bit of work!
    going off topic but has anyone bought a wetsuit from lidl before they'll have them in on thursday was thinking of buying the 3mm shorts one for swimming..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Forget about lifejackets in Galway, buy them online, unless you want to be ripped off locally.

www.lifejackets.co.uk are very reasonable.

Is it proper lifejackets you want? Or Bouyancy Aids? They're 2 different things

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Safety Direct in Riverside (Tuam Road) stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

POrtwest on High Street

maybe LIdl or Aldi in the near future

Hugh Duffy?

Great Outdoors

River deep mountain High (more kayaking though)

you very often get what you pay for.

Advertisement