Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for pet carrier

Options
  • 03-05-2010 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

I was supposed to get this pet carrier in Petworld near Dunnes. There was a problem with ordering and now they won't have it for a few weeks but I need it next week.

Does anyone know anywhere else in Galway I can get one? I'm looking for the medium size. I'm afraid to order online in case it doesn't come in time. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Thanks, I have checked Argos already. Unfortunately they're too small.
    I've checked both Petworlds and the Dog Company in Liosban.
    The minimum height I need is 21".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Is there any chance you could borrow one in the meantime from someone?

I'm not certain if Mcgaugh's Garden centre a few miles out of the city on the Headford Rd have pet products in stock but they are worth a try. The last time I was there I thought I recalled seeing pet products in stock. .
    www.mcgaughs.com

Have you tried Atlantic HomeCare in Well park?
    They have some pet products.
    http://www.qype.ie/place/621500-Atlantic-Homecare-Galway-Galway

Then there is the Galway pet Store on Quay St but it's a small petshop so they may not have the item in stock!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Chupath

I would have thought that mine at home is a medium size carrier, but I just messured it and it comes only down to approx. L 67 cm x H 47 cm. :confused:
    Our long-legged Parson Jack Russell fitted in that well and been exepted by the Airlines (he is a small to medium size dog/8 kg).
    But seems you need a bigger carrier otherwise you could have borrowed ours.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

maybe ask a vet? We used to borrow cat carriers for trips to the vet from the vet, never a problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ring the various shops and ask?
    http://www.goldenpages.ie/category_Pet+Shops_County:Galway-1.html
    If that doesn't help try to think of something else that would do the trick, maybe a wooden or plastic crate?

Galway->Animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Thanks for the replies. I'll check out some places mentioned.
    We can't borrow one as we are emigrating to USA so won't be able to return it. We need it for the airline and they are strict so certain types are out like the metal ones. I'm probably going to have to ring as any pet shops within an hours drive and see if I can get one. Or else get a larger size again.

Advertisement