Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free preschool scheme 2010-11

Options
  • 03-05-2010 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭

My son is eligible for this for the academic year Sept 2010-June 2011; he will be 4 in July.

He is already in preschool and will stay on in the same one next year. However, we have received no info as yet about applying for the scheme, neither has the preschool although I believe some other parents have been sent letters about it already.

Does anyone know how you register for the scheme? Will we receive info from the government automatically or do you have to sign up somewhere? The preschool teachers haven't been given any info on it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

The school im sending mine to in september, the teacher just told me to give her my daughters pps number (actually im not sure if it was mine or hers now :confused:) and she would do the rest she does the same for every other child in the class and if my minilolly's entiled to it she gets her second year there payed for.

Here is a contact number for the ECCE: 1890 30 30 39

Or I think this website has info on it: www.omcya.ie

Good luck :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the forums had to be return by the 30th april for children starting in the ECCE scheme for the april term, so i would think that the forms have not been issue yet for children starting in september.

your best bet is to contact them on 01 6354000 or contact your local county childcare committee

if you let me know what area you are in, i cann get you their contact details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I'm in Cork, Irishbird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

simu wrote: »
    Does anyone know how you register for the scheme? Will we receive info from the government automatically or do you have to sign up somewhere? The preschool teachers haven't been given any info on it.

I think the child care facility signs up, rather than the parents - and they then send you a form to complete. Have they applied to be part of the scheme? As far as I remember, there is a set criteria that have to be fulfilled in order for the childcare facility to be eligible to avail of the government payments and so they must contact the OMYCA...

There is a list of facilities who are eligible and some more info here...

http://www.childcare.ie/generals/ecce_information/

:)

They have been taking part in the scheme since January but haven't received any info about next September yet...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

If they're definitely eligible then I'd say they haven't gotten around to Sept applications yet, we got the scheme mid year but it seemed a bit disorganised and forms filled out after the day the scheme started...maybe give them a buzz to make sure it is just down to that?

Yeah, I get the impression that the whole thing is a bit disorganised, might ring during the week. Thanks for all the info, folks!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

http://www.corkchildcare.ie/Default.aspx

here you go, they are really your first port of call for any queries under the ecce scheme, they will have all the information you need :)
    unfortunately, the omyca are under a lot of pressure at the moment and i can be difficult to get someone to deal with your query.

Main Office
    Market House,
    Buttevant,
    Co. Cork
    Tel: 022 23880
    E-mail: info@corkchildcare.ie

Karen McDonnell - Coordinator
    Rose O'Brien - Administrator
    Orla Grant - Administrative Assistant
    Aileen Carey - Development Worker Fermoy/Midleton
    Carol Hickey - Development Worker Macroom/Kanturk
    Minna Laaksonen- Development Worker Mallow/Blarney
    South Cork Office
    Unit 12,
    Underhill Commercial Park,
    Underhill,
    Dunmanway,
    Co. Cork
    Tel: 023 55962
    Email: info@corkchildcare.ie

Sorcha Ní Chrualaoich - Development Worker Bantry/Skibereen
    Noreen Brazier - Development Worker Carrigaline/Bandon
    Gretta Crowley - Administrative Assistant

Thanks, Irishbird, you've gone above and beyond, as they say :)

Advertisement