Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanics in carlow

Options
  • 03-05-2010 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

can anyone suggest a decent mechanics in carlow?
    Car use failed the NCT and need to get work done as cheaply as possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

I would recommend John Dermody on the Hacketstown Road, unfortunately I don't have his number on me so I can't PM it to you but if you look up the phone book you should find it easily. Hope that's been helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭coroner29

@sharky86: Which mechanics did you visit at last? Were you satisfied (work/price)?

Anybody else would like to recommend some garage? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

sent you pm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

sharky did you use the lad I pmed you with his details?

what did you think of his prices/work if you did?

Hey Patrick,

I gave him a call but with me working in Kilkenny and time issues I never actually used him, Sounds like a good chap tho but never made it over to him. Ended up going to JW tyres as they opened to 9 each night.

Many thanks tho

• Advertisement

sharky86 wrote: »
    Hey Patrick,

I gave him a call but with me working in Kilkenny and time issues I never actually used him, Sounds like a good chap tho but never made it over to him. Ended up going to JW tyres as they opened to 9 each night.

Many thanks tho

oh no hassled sharky

yeh jw are sound, didnt think they'd do all the work you wanted though

did you get the nct after?

Yea I was fairly shocked myself that he did it. Just checked out of the blue on evening.

Had to get a couple of things sorted like shocks, bushin's (or however you spell it) and engine mounts not to mention re-secure the lights.

Passed the NCT with flying colours, which reminds me I still have to out it up in the car before I end up with 5 points

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

PM Me if your still looking, i know a nice guy who does all our cars/Vans etc

Cheers Mister but i'm good now

sharky86 wrote: »
    Yea I was fairly shocked myself that he did it. Just checked out of the blue on evening.

Had to get a couple of things sorted like shocks, bushin's (or however you spell it) and engine mounts not to mention re-secure the lights.

Passed the NCT with flying colours, which reminds me I still have to out it up in the car before I end up with 5 points

good stuff, yeh John and co are sound put, the atmosphere in the garage is what makes ya go there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hey!
    Anyone know of a mechanic that will call to your house when car won't start should i call breakdown assistance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 polderoiste

Hey patrickc - need to get a few things done to get me van thru a DOE re-test.
    Was wondering if you could maybe pm the mechanic you were recommending to sharky86? looking for someone decent and honest and won't charge the world like the big boy shops (cough - Flynns - cough)
    Cheers lad
    :D

Hey patrickc - need to get a few things done to get me van thru a DOE re-test.
    Was wondering if you could maybe pm the mechanic you were recommending to sharky86? looking for someone decent and honest and won't charge the world like the big boy shops (cough - Flynns - cough)
    Cheers lad
    :D

well Polderoiste. I havent been out with him in ages, and can check tomorrow if he's still around> i'm sure he is. will pm you the number then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 polderoiste

Nice One
    Cheers patrick

sent ya that number there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I go to JW tyres for as much as I can, and for anything they can't do, I go to B.C. Motors (Brian Cooney) out in Ballickmoyler...hes very good, and very reasonable rates too!

Advertisement