Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly Tying Setup

Options
  • 03-05-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Whats your look like? Mine is in a couple of boxes that havea few small drawers in them they are seriously handy think i got them in dunnes. I dont have a dedicated tying area so just have to do it where ever suits (kitchen table mostly). Here is a pic.
    DSCF1437.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Damo123

I dont have any pics sorry. But I have my feathers, capes, wings, tinsels etc divided into 2 tool boxes. The big ones. Though unless I stop getting stuff it will be 3 tool boxes :)

I keep my tying tools in an old laptop bag. Leaves then I can grab them and go quickly without having to spend an hour pooching through the other 2 boxes looking for a bobbin holder or hackle pliers or something.

And like you I dont have a dedicated area. But I do have something very similar to this, that I got one my cousins to make for me when he was in FAS doing a woodwork course.

FlyFactoryFull.jpg

Its very handy, makes everything easier to clean and tidy away. It also lets me tie in places that I wouldnt normally be able to tie in.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

That looks very handy might try make somthing like it. Bit of tying in front of the TV it could happen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Damo123

jack01986 wrote: »
    Bit of tying in front of the TV it could happen!

It has and continues to happen ;)

Bit of advice. Make sure you use a white base. Like the one in the picture. My cousin used chipboard with a white layer on top. The white background is a big help, if you go for a natural wood colour (like most people do) then the fly in the vice tends to blend in. Lots of people put down paper, but why bother when you could just have a white base to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

make sure to put in mothballs those capes are tasty!

Advertisement