Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

honours irish timing

Options
  • 03-05-2010 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

how should paper two be timed? like how much to each section?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I heard that, as a very rough guide, the amount of marks is the amount of minutes you should spend on it.

It's not perfect, as I wouldn't go spending 30 minutes on Stair na Gaelige, but you could devote the extra time to the An Triail question or something?

Somebody will probably come along with a better guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

I'm a mark a minute too, but as Timbuk2 said, you won't need 30mins for Stair Na Gaeilge...hopefully :rolleyes: so maybe you could aim for 20 mins for that and give 10 extra minutes to poetry or something. I always find I have loads of time left over after Irish Paper 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

if ya know your stair na geailge puke it all onto the page in the first ten minutes and uve gotten ahead of your time curve for the exam.spend how ever many minutes on each question as there is marks for it.Then at the end ul have time left over so look over everything and in bit and bobs.Ud be surprised how many mistakes and fadas are left out when your in a mad rush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Yep, mark a minute is what I go by. Worked for the mocks, and we now have an additional 20 minutes this year :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

*giggles* wrote: »
    Yep, mark a minute is what I go by. Worked for the mocks, and we now have an additional 20 minutes this year :)

No, we don't. That extra 20 minutes was added on a few years back, it just appears in red on the timetable (as it did last year, and probably the year before).

• Advertisement
Advertisement