Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any real gym's left in Kilkenny!?

Options
  • 03-05-2010 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Where did eurogym go?

Did they move out to the hebron and rename the place the dragon's lair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Why don't you ask them?

http://www.dragonslair.ie/

Looks like a decent setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Eurogym closed down because of a gigantic electricity bill I think.

Dragon's Lair isn't a gym tho, its only one of those kickboxing/boxing places with a few aerobic studios aswell (empty rooms)

In my opinion the best place to train in town is the Ormonde, decent setup and no fifteen year olds acting the maggot in the gym as you need to be 18 to use it.... Its also where the big boys train such as James Fennelly (Rep of Irelands strongest man)

Unfortunately my membership ran out and can't afford to renew it so I'm stuck using the watershed for €9 a pop, don't get me started on how bad that place is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 VEXERZ

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Why don't you ask them?

for mma/judo/boxing/jiu jitsu etc yes

for anything else it blows
    00Blaine00 wrote: »
    Eurogym closed down because of a gigantic electricity bill I think.

That sucks

Dragon's Lair isn't a gym tho, its only one of those kickboxing/boxing places with a few aerobic studios aswell (empty rooms)

exactly what I could see from the site

In my opinion the best place to train in town is the Ormonde, decent setup and no fifteen year olds acting the maggot in the gym as you need to be 18 to use it.... Its also where the big boys train such as James Fennelly (Rep of Irelands strongest man)

sounds like my kind of place
    im assuming they have a decent free weights setup
    and no lunk alarm or any shit like that lol
    I want to be able to pull 4 plates and not have anyone try to kick me out ha

Unfortunately my membership ran out and can't afford to renew it so I'm stuck using the watershed for €9 a pop, don't get me started on how bad that place is!

I'd say ormonde would cost a pop alright
    any decent place to park there!? parking in the ormonde car park itself would cost an arm and a few legs

the watershed sure blows hard 30kg max in db's and no rack/bb set-up for DL's/S/OHP etc only one smith machine
    and 20 odd pec dec machines back to back

^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Yeah they've got the pretty good free weight set up.

• Highest dumbell is 50/60kg
    • Proper squat rack which is always free because foreigners don't train their legs, with the exception of one or two.
    • Good bench which is easy to spot someone on as theres a step at the back of it.
    • Plenty of plates there but at about 6/7pm they become scarce.
    • Theres also a log there that weighs 100kg, with two bars sticking out of the end of it to add extra plates. I witnessed James shoulder press it before, must of been about 140kg altogether.

As far as I know gym members get either one or two hours free parking. They stamp the ticket at reception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 VEXERZ

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

fabbydabby wrote: »
    Why don't you ask them?

No eurogym closed. Dragonslair are not them.

Advertisement