Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasonably priced dentist needed.

Options
  • 03-05-2010 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭

Dear all,

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced dentist in the vicinity of Dublin city?

I need 4 fillings (at least).

Can you post the price and dentist you recently went to so I can compare (this might be useful for others also, in fairness).

Times are tough, stc, so any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

meriwether wrote: »
    Dear all,

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced dentist in the vicinity of Dublin city?

I need 4 fillings (at least).

Can you post the price and dentist you recently went to so I can compare (this might be useful for others also, in fairness).

Times are tough, stc, so any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    reasonably priced dentist + dublin= :D:D

seriously don't know of any, anyone i know of who has to do a fair bit of dental work goes to newry/ up north

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

They are essentially a cartel in this country, as far as I can tell.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The Dental Hospital http://web1.dental.tcd.ie/

Afaik you'll be treated by trainee Dentists so the fee is a lot cheaper..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

xzanti wrote: »

I remember the last time I got a haircut from a trainee barber..

/cries

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

connundrum wrote: »
    I remember the last time I got a haircut from a trainee barber..

/cries

Hey ya gotta break a few eggs to make an omelete :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Sand Wedge

I have used "smiles" in the past. They seemed reasonable to me. http://www.smiles.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

xzanti wrote: »

the waiting list for this place is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I used Smiles and I paid €90 for check up and clean. I will be getting a pinhole filling next month for €70. Most fillings are between €90 - €140 though depending on how big they are.

Sand Wedge wrote: »
    I have used "smiles" in the past. They seemed reasonable to me. http://www.smiles.ie/

I'm thinking about using this place, can I ask, before they inject your gums, do they apply a numbing gel first? I have a thing about needles in gums ...thanks

cojomo2 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about using this place, can I ask, before they inject your gums, do they apply a numbing gel first? I have a thing about needles in gums ...thanks

If you ask them to do it they probably will.

• Advertisement

Lux23 wrote: »
    If you ask them to do it they probably will.

I take it they didn't for you then? Is getting an injection in the gum painful? Only been to the dentist once, hate them.....

I take it they didn't for you then? Is getting an injection in the gum painful? Only been to the dentist once, hate them.....

I haven't had a filling yet so no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Primacare on the fourth floor of Dundrum Shopping centre are very reasonably priced. obviously all different sized fillings cost different prices and i cant remember what my one cost, it was around €80 i think. the dentist is super friendly and will use the numbing gel before using the needle and the whole experience is not too bad at all! i have had wisdom teeth taken out by him and had a filling and i would not be as nervous going back to him as i have been with other dentists.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dub6Kevin

€80/90 is pretty expensive, in my book.

Try Maryanne Lee on South Circular Road. 01 4549688.

Your check up will be free if your PRSI is up to date and she will tell you what you need to do and agree a price before doing any treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Injection to the gum is unpleasant, but only lasts 1-2 seconds. It's really nothing to worry about.

Seriously, the worst thing about going to the dentist is the self-instilled fear that really isn't justified.

I went to the dental hospital years ago and they technically did a good job, though their bedside manner needed a bit of work. It is very cheap, but all patients are seen in one big room, so there is not much privacy.
    (Note: it may have changed in the last few years)

Advertisement