Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn -v- Arsenal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Roberts isn't English, i gave up on the match early on, as i'd probabaly have joined the 2 lads sleeping!

So London isn't in England now? Well he's hardly French...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

So London isn't in England now? Well he's hardly French...

He gave up his rights to be English accepting an mbe :D

My bad, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Campbell is actually great at getting away with fouling people.

Well, that gives Fat Sam the ammo for his usual post match conspiracy rubbish. Lucky break not to concede the penalty

He's English :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

He gave up his rights to be English accepting an mbe :D

My bad, sorry.

Jason Roberts is an MBE :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Very lucky not to give away a peno there alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Well, that gives Fat Sam the ammo for his usual post match conspiracy rubbish.
    As opposed to Arsene's 'they were too physical' rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Mr Alan wrote: »
    As opposed to Arsene's 'they were too physical' rubbish

We can always rely on you to get a dig in at Arsenal or Wenger...

• Advertisement

Well, that gives Fat Sam the ammo for his usual post match conspiracy rubbish. Lucky break not to concede the penalty

Could have been offside anyways in the first place?

Anyways He should have finished it,

But you are right, Big Sam will surely mention it, even if Blackburn get a result.

Edit: Nice to see Grella coming on, Hoillett is similar to Walcott, pace in abundance, lacks much else!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Are you allowed block goalkeepers like that?

OPENROAD wrote: »

nope.

tbf if I was him at this stage next time I'm jumping for the ball I'd make sure to go through the back of Samba with my knee raised, he'd soon stop.

Well you can stand in front of the keeper all you like i'd imagine, no player has any right to any piece of the pitch.

So long as he doesn't foul the keeper, or impede him which usually happenes in any case.

Replay seems to confirm that probably should have been penalty on RVP. Ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Blackburn do that to keepers all the time.

Didn't look offside to me for the Blackburn goal, and could have been a penalty for me as regards RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

lol Fabianski, jesus Arsenal really need to sort out their goalkeeping issues

btw, Apologies to the Gooners on here. This is all my fault, I backed Arsenal (-1) today, sorry for being so inconsiderate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

There you go Arsene Wenger. Tell that goalkeeper to piss off in the summer. Absolutely useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Well that was coming(mistake by fabianski)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Paleface

Blackburn might as well of mauled that ball into the goal rugby style!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭paul150

I seriously would not be bothered supporting arsenal nxt season if we dont sort out the goalkeeping mess

Why has Fabianksi not gone through the back of one of them yet I'll never know.

That's been coming all game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,133 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Flapianski keeping to form at least. I think I might try get a trial at Arsenal and go for goals. It seems they'll let any joker sign.

Typical that we're robbed of a penalty at one end then our keeper is shít at the other. Why dodn't refs give penalties to Arsenal ? That salgado one was really obvious.

Well you can stand in front of the keeper all you like i'd imagine, no player has any right to any piece of the pitch.

So long as he doesn't foul the keeper, or impede him which usually happenes in any case.

You can't stand in front of a player with the intentions of impeding his progress though, even if you're not necessarily leaning in or holding him etc. A grey area but that's why you see so many soft frees given to GKs these days. If the ref judges to to be intentionally impeding a players progress then he has the right to give a free.

Anyway, it wouldn't have much of a difference here, Fabianski has no upper body strength to speak of, Christ it was Sol who got in his way for the goal there.

Dunn was very close

If Wenger does not bring in a good goal keeper then I do have to wonder about his mental capacity.

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    If Wenger does not bring in a good goal keeper then I do have to wonder about his mental capacity.

Perhaps he hasn't seen any mistakes he has a habit of missing things :PAC:

Perhaps he hasn't seen any mistakes he has a habit of missing things :PAC:

:)

You can't stand in front of a player with the intentions of impeding his progress though, even if you're not necessarily leaning in or holding him etc. A grey area but that's why you see so many soft frees given to GKs these days. If the ref judges to to be intentionally impeding a players progress then he has the right to give a free.

Anyway, it wouldn't have much of a difference here, Fabianski has no upper body strength to speak of, Christ it was Sol who got in his way for the goal there.

You can stand there for position for a free kick or set piece, Considering that is where the ball is going to be aimed. After that it is up to the ref to decide, more often than not as you say the whistle is blown with the ball in the air still, sometimes right, sometimes wrong.

As you say though it is a major gray area, what can they do though?

Nothing wrong with that goal, Fabianski looked dwarfed to Sol and Samba, i'd say the ref would have blown if Sol wasn't there.

• Advertisement

Over protection of Keepers highlighted again from the refs.

I'm switching off anyways, Van Persie has already scored against us again, and i'm not really in the mood of watching Robinson boot the ball up as far as he can repeatedly.
    Hope ya didn't switch off in end mate your doing alright *looks at post above *
    never mind

Nelsen diving right in front of the 4th official and not even a warning :mad:

Hope ya didn't switch off in end mate your doing alright

I'm back watching, only from the start of 2nd half, am actually seeing some decent football from Blackburn for once.

You can stand there for position for a free kick or set piece, Considering that is where the ball is going to be aimed. After that it is up to the ref to decide, more often than not as you say the whistle is blown with the ball in the air still, sometimes right, sometimes wrong.

Difference between the goal there (where Samba just held his ground) and the first one (where Roberts was deliberately moving into the path of Fabianksi). If the ball isn't pinged into the 6 yard the B'burn players have a habit of stepping into the path of the GK which is a foul because they are intentionally impeding the progress of another player.
    As you say though it is a major gray area, what can they do though?

Nothing really, only just keep an eye out for it. GKs already are far too likely to get the benefit of the doubt as it is so I'm not fussed, just pointing out the rules.
    Nothing wrong with that goal, Fabianski looked dwarfed to Sol and Samba, i'd say the ref would have blown if Sol wasn't there.

I didn't mean to imply there was. It's the first one that might not have been given imo, but the defending was sh*te anyway so I couldn't care.

*sigh*

Diaby can be totally blind to the pass when he's running with the ball. Ever frustrating.

I know it's the end of the season and all but the players could at least look like they care we're losing...

Absolute ****. Awful performance from a group of players that look like most couldn't give a ****. :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭Paleface

Well that was sh*te. Pure and simple.

Fabianski is clearly not the answer. New keeper please!

Eduardo seems to have become the master of standing perfectly still in the box and offering no danger whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Shame the season didn't end a month ago - what a terrible ending

Fair play to B'burn though, it was another very well organised performance from them, and they didn't seem to foul us too much. Have to say I love Samba, one of my favourite defenders in the league. May not be the best positionally but is so damn strong and always gives his all. Cheeky bid Arsene?

Diaby is **** and probably needs to go this season. I don't remember Vela doing anything in that match either. Time to cut our losses on them... As bad as that performance was we probably would have won had we a proper keeper. Sadly, it seems Wenger has ruled that course of action out this Summer...

All in all, I'm feeling quite pessimistic at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,014 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm so proud of our boys right now. What a second half performance, and its huge for us, we can still finish 10th and be in a position that we don't have to sell any players we don't want to sell and still bring in one or two.

All in all, I'm feeling quite pessimistic at the moment.

+1, absolutely spineless performance,

Eboué was the only one out there who looked like he wanted it and he gets subbed off.

Blackburn decided on a tactic before the game and stuck with it and it paid off, which is more than we can say about ourselves, we looked toothless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Blackburn played some lovely stuff too in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

Arsene can't have any complaints about that result. Blackburn always looked dangerous from corners, and nearly caught us out on the break a few times. We really need a winger who can take on players and beat them, all we were doing was passing the ball from side to side, with no Fabregas to provide the through ball.

Walcott can't play in this setup. Had he been in the arsenal team say 7-8 years ago, when we played fast, counter attacking football, he would have been great, but is hopelessly lost in the slow build up play we now employ.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Didnt tune in for the 2nd half, know we lost though. Let me take a wild guess here and say that either Silvestre, Diaby or Flapianski cost us the match?

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

FearDark wrote: »
    Didnt tune in for the 2nd half, know we lost though. Let me take a wild guess here and say that either Silvestre, Diaby or Flapianski cost us the match?

We cant keep blaiming the same players for the teams short comings, its been 5 years now and different wasters have come and gone from the club, the problems are deeper than the squad.

Off Topic but can't wait for studs up it'll probably be a spurs fans head blowing up or something :) Well done blackburn only 3 losses at home this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Very poor performance today and a fairly poor season in general something i predicted here this time last year.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055560924

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Off Topic but can't wait for studs up it'll probably be a spurs fans head blowing up or something :) Well done blackburn only 3 losses at home this season

True... give em a sniff of Arsenal failure and theyre all over it like flies on ****.

• Advertisement
Advertisement