Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackburn -v- Arsenal

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Very poor performance today and a fairly poor season in general something i predicted here this time last year.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055560924

Ah right, the Wenger out guy? The answer is still no by the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Very poor performance today and a fairly poor season in general something i predicted here this time last year.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055560924

Predicted?

The people who said they didn't want Wenger out would most likely all say the same now.

I wouldn't call 3rd (possibly 4th) a poor season considering after last season most people were writing us off as finishing top 4 this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

jasonorr wrote: »
    Ah right, the Wenger out guy? The answer is still no by the way!

yeah give him another few years and if he still hasn't won anything then we might get rid of him a couple of years after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Indie18 wrote: »
    yeah give him another few years and if he still hasn't won anything then we might get rid of him a couple of years after that.

There is not a single manager out there who can do what Wenger does for us. Not one.

So who would replace him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

3rd isn't bad considering the top 2. If Arsenal get a few more quality signings and hope for some luck injury wise, they'll be winning it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

As far as I'm concerned Wenger can stay for as long as he wants. Man is the best thing to ever happen to our club. Thats not blind Rafa-esque faith by the way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

IvySlayer wrote: »
    3rd isn't bad considering the top 2. If Arsenal get a few more quality signings and hope for some luck injury wise, they'll be winning it.

Saying that every year now... but finally wenger is saying he WILL buy 2-3 players this summer, so definately next year we should be challenging :)

New keeper is a priority, signed Chamakh already, couple of decent signings in the middle of the park and we're good to go.

Get rid of Almunia, Flapianski, Silvestre, Walcott, Vela, Eduardo - pure dead weight.

FearDark wrote: »
    Saying that every year now... but finally wenger is saying he WILL buy 2-3 players this summer, so definately next year we should be challenging :)

New keeper is a priority, signed Chamakh already, couple of decent signings in the middle of the park and we're good to go.

Get rid of Almunia, Flapianski, Silvestre, Walcott, Vela, Eduardo - pure dead weight.

Your team needs a new winger, a new striker and a new CB. Van Persie is fantastic but is often injured, and Bendter and Eduardo are just not cutting it. Although Bendter has some great form, he's not the most reliable. Almunia is a good keeper, but makes awful decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Almunia is a good keeper, but makes awful decisions.

I know what you're saying but he's an awful keeper full stop.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Wenger can't go on selling the future indefinitely. Yes, he gives us great value for money, but Arsenal is a football club, and a football club's priority should be to win, not post great AGM results. Obviously some financial prudence is required but there is money available and it needs to be used. If Arsene won't do that then I think his contract should be let expire.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    I know what you're saying but he's an awful keeper full stop.

Awful for Arsenal for sure, I say he's Sorenson level.
    Wenger can't go on selling the future indefinitely. Yes, he gives us great value for money, but Arsenal is a football club, and a football club's priority should be to win, not post great AGM results. Obviously some financial prudence is required but there is money available and it needs to be used. If Arsene won't do that then I think his contract should be let expire.

Wenger will never change, it's his policy. On average he gets around 20 million to spend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Wenger will never change, it's his policy. On average he gets around 20 million to spend?

On average he spends nothing.

Advertisement