Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netgear Query

• 03-05-2010 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

Hi guy! could I enlist your help if I may

I recently bought a brand spanking new PC

My house has wireless internet. originally it was a modem wired straight into the PC. We now have a netgear wireless router and I am trying to set up a new wireless adapter from the PC.

Software etc all installed and after a bit of jiggery pokery, Im connected to the wireless network

however, I have a problem.

Even though I am fully connected to the network, no page will come up in the internet browser and the diagnostic tools hasnt a breeze whats going on

can anyone help point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scouser

my laptop is connected to the wireless no problem, is there a chancei need to do something with the PC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

is your pc set to use dhcp? (automatic ip configuration?)

Dardania wrote: »
    is your pc set to use dhcp? (automatic ip configuration?)

i dnt know

how would one check?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Start > Control Panel > View Network Status and Tasks

Around the mid right, there should be a link to "Wireless Network Connection (SSID...netgear or something I'd imagine)" or "Local Area Connection"

Click Details, and see what it says in the window - is DHCP enabled? What IP address is listed for your pc, for the default gateway and for DNS?

Dardania wrote: »
    Start > Control Panel > View Network Status and Tasks

Around the mid right, there should be a link to "Wireless Network Connection (SSID...netgear or something I'd imagine)" or "Local Area Connection"

Click Details, and see what it says in the window - is DHCP enabled? What IP address is listed for your pc, for the default gateway and for DNS?

yes DHCP is enabled

and

the IP address is the same for all 3 (IPv4, default gateway, DHCP server and DNS Server)

• Advertisement
Advertisement