Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IAA may be forced to restrict flights over Irish airspace

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Im suppose to be flying on tuesday, im begining to wonder if ill be going. According to weather reports there is suppose to be a cool north easterly wind over the weekend which would make me think that there will be more ash cloud over the weekend and early week. Does this sound right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Heyes wrote: »
    Im suppose to be flying on tuesday, im begining to wonder if ill be going. According to weather reports there is suppose to be a cool north easterly wind over the weekend which would make me think that there will be more ash cloud over the weekend and early week. Does this sound right ?

Its too early to know for sure yet. Depends on both the wind and the volcano. Your best bet would be to keep an eye on the advisories here, but they only go about a day ahead :
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/aviation/vaac/vaacuk_vag.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

To be honest next week looks like a dead cert for airports closing. I wonder does paddy power take bets on it ...

Advertisement