Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ash cloud on its way back

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just on R.T.E news now, apparently a no fly zone might be in effect tommorrow for Ireland:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

f*ck sake.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Super!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

oh sweet jaysus... :eek::eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Ah feck, my parents are supposed to be coming to London tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Thats two now :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Merged.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

O' Leary will be planking it tonight! LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭MaighEoAbu

Yey!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

oh ffs

am supposed to be going to a wedding in england at teh weekend

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I hate to sound like a cúnt, but as a student with feck all money, it gives me great pleasure to know that some rich tool won't get to go on holidays. As for the people who have to go away from or come to Ireland, because of an emergency, I feel sorry for them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The ash is harmless

djhunter30 you are indeed sounding like a cúnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

God damn it. Are Pavement in the country yet?

If this ash cloud ruins another gig for me I'm going to go to Iceland myself and there'll be words between me and this volcano. Words I tells ya!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Only with respect to rich people going on holidays. Anyone else that experiences trouble because of it, I have nothing but sympathy for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

NOOOOO

Supposed to fly soon :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

mike65 wrote: »
    The ash is harmless

Over 54,000 posts!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

Do wardobes float?

I see a moneymaking opportunity here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

djhunter30 wrote: »
    I hate to sound like a cúnt, but as a student with feck all money, it gives me great pleasure to know that some rich tool won't get to go on holidays. As for the people who have to go away from or come to Ireland, because of an emergency, I feel sorry for them!

well arent you a treat :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Only with respect to rich people going on holidays. Anyone else that experiences trouble because of it, I have nothing but sympathy for them.

still sounding like a cunt in fairness, bitter as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Seriously? I'm heading to Portugal on Saturday for a week away with my mates. I'm not rich. Just because someone can afford to go on a holiday doesn't make them wealthy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Thread about it in the weather forum, long before it was here!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭token56

As a fellow student with feck all money I inspire to be a rich tool who can one day look down on the poor student folk like yourself when I am travelling to my villa by private jet.

Recessional Blue! Never mind me! :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Thread about it in the weather forum, long before it was here!!!

Aww the weather forum:D, forgot all about that Forum, what with it not snowing and all.

Trying to get a bit of a reaction for your 1000th post . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

oh no! and I was traveling to Athlone this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Anyone actually know the impact to people who are away at the moment? Its midterm break again so plenty of kiddies, mamies & teachers all away this week trying to get home ....

Aww the weather forum:D, forgot all about that Forum, what with it not snowing and all.

The first thread on the volcano in Iceland hass nearly 1500 posts, so not everyone forgot about it!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Where do you go to college, the School of Sour Grapes?

• Advertisement

Ah yes, those vile, evil rich people, how dare they go on holidays and enjoy the money they worked hard to earn. I bet back when they were poor students they shared you outlook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

WTF are you talking about?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

That's OK. My jet is in for a service anyway. Bloody brake pads. I guess it'll be the yacht for the foreseeable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

yay, im supposed to be coming home tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

As a fellow student it gives me little pleasure to be unable to squander my grant in international locations.

Guess I'll just buy some books or something.

You realise rich people can just take their yacht instead right? It's the average joe I feel sorry for, saving up for a holiday despite the recession and getting shafted by a volcano. A BLOODY VOLCANO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hello, my name is Rich (to my friends, Richard to you!) Tool. I demand mr.djhunter30's post be removed immediately, post haste!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

ha is it just me or does there seem to be alot of students on here at the moment? just curious im also a student...supposed to be studying for exams... anyone else doing wat im doing and just sitting lookin at boards.ie for the past 3 hours?

anyway jesus is this ash cloud showing us how mother nature can put us back in our place or wat :eek: !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Sh1t my parents are visiting me in Boston and due to fly back to Shannon in the next couple of hours and arrive in Ireland at 6am tomorrow.

I loved having my parents over for the week...but god help me if I'm stuck with them for a couple of weeks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

FOR FÚCKS SAKE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Ah yes, I see a great future ahead of you young man,full of dreams and bitterness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

PEOPLE, PEOPLE,
    look, my brother is already gone to australia, so there's nothing to worry about with this ash cloud. he's gone, nothing else matters :D

I miss my brother :(

Hope it's not as bad as last time. is the volcano still erupting??
    can't chuck norris just roundhouse kick and shut that volcano up? :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Ferriey companies rubbing their hands again, people will book them if there is any doubt in air travel. Irish Ferries had a 700% increase in booking during the first ash cloud period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

My passport is out of date i have no money to spend on holidays this year so i dont give a flying **** about an ash cloud from Iceland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Ferriey companies rubbing their hands again, people will book them if there is any doubt in air travel. Irish Ferries had a 700% increase in booking during the first ash cloud period.

I've no problem with seeing O'Leary suffer a little :D

Feel sorry for the poor buggers who will miss out on hard earned hols tho':(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

ha is it just me or does there seem to be alot of students on here at the moment? just curious im also a student...supposed to be studying for exams... anyone else doing wat im doing and just sitting lookin at boards.ie for the past 3 hours?

anyway jesus is this ash cloud showing us how mother nature can put us back in our place or wat :eek: !!

I'm supposed to be studying but have spent the whole last 4 weeks posting:eek:

Mother Nature can be one imposing biatch alright!!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

mike65 wrote: »
    The ash is harmless

Ah leave im alone, he's(?) just being a typical student, thinking of himself and his grant and his next 6 pack of Dutch Gold and clipping coupons for the local 4star pizza so he can wreck the delivery drivers head. I don't have issues with students, I don't have issues with students, I don't have issues with students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Wheres the martians when you need them ,they'll sort everything out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Ash shatuppya face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Apparently they made the decision at 8pm. Does anyone know the website it would be on?
    Thankss

poisonated wrote: »
    Apparently they made the decision at 8pm. Does anyone know the website it would be on?
    Thankss

maybe rte news site??? Or the Irish aviation authority . . .

• Advertisement
Advertisement