Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ash cloud on its way back

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭chevron

i hope to any god out there that this clears up long enough fro me to go on my honeymoon.

Any one heard how long it may last?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

chevron wrote: »
    i hope to any god out there that this clears up long enough fro me to go on my honeymoon.

Any one heard how long it may last?
    8 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 341 ✭✭chevron

8 years

yea thats a good as guess as any i suppose lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

argg this is head wrecking. the news and the belfast airport website tell me to check with my airline. my airline (thomas cook) have nothing new on thier website. should have been flying out at 815.

ryanair website advises not to travel to airport. dont know if i should show up at the normal checkin time or not. can thomas cook refuse to refund if i dont show? large family traveling and dont want to have to drive to belfast if i dont have to.

:(

soups05 wrote: »
    argg this is head wrecking. the news and the belfast airport website tell me to check with my airline. my airline (thomas cook) have nothing new on thier website. should have been flying out at 815.

ryanair website advises not to travel to airport. dont know if i should show up at the normal checkin time or not. can thomas cook refuse to refund if i dont show? large family traveling and dont want to have to drive to belfast if i dont have to.

:(
    Well Irish airspace will be closed from 7am, I assumes this includes Belfast.

true, but if i fail to check in, even though the flight wont leave,will that allow thomas cook to say i did not show up so no refund?

If the airspace is closed they're not going to let you check in anyway.

in that case i can sit at home and drown my sorrows. for now anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

GaNjaHaN wrote: »
    Yeah, pretty much. If it's like the previous eruptions we could be looking at 2 or 3 years of disrupted flights over Europe with airports closing depending on which way the ash is blowing.

Right. First thing tomorrow I'm ringing USIT and seeing what the HELL the story is if that volcano f**ks up my J1 visa :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Any one who hasn't checked in yet and has had their flight cancelled should get a refund of the flight....as far as I know. Annoying but keep all your receipts and then you can claim then too!! Might be long process though to get your money back :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

****sake..checked in on flights already due to leave wed morning at 8:15....some fúcking hope of that now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

guys

Any update of this, supposed to flying to tenerife this morning, current status of aerlingus flight is that it is still scheduled.

Cant believe this is happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

What we need is some kind of Hero!

Auld Joe Duffy will come to our rescue, calling all truck drivers coming
    back from Europe for thoses stranded once again.

Maybe take out Volcano insurance too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Fcuk it......
    My 2 teenage sons are meant to be flying to Belgium for a school rowing competition on Friday, god knows whether this will allow them or not!!!

Awful annoying but sure, what can ya do???:(

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Feckin balls... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

planes are back on at 1pm ,weather will determine future flights after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

woohooo

Have been waiting all night for this news,

Just announced on radio.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

God damn it. Are Pavement in the country yet?

If this ash cloud ruins another gig for me I'm going to go to Iceland myself and there'll be words between me and this volcano. Words I tells ya!

Good luck trying to pronounce them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Look the solution to this ash cloud is simple.
    Run those wind farms in reverse and blow the ash back to the Icelanders.

Do I have to think of everything for you people ?
    SugarHigh wrote: »

Actually... some generators CAN work as motors.
    The construction of a generator and a motor are very similar.

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

if this thing keeps causing problems for months to come do you think workplaces could start telling people not to travel?? as in you know theres a risk you may not make it back in time for work, therefore you shouldnt go in the first place?? it has to be costing big companies a lot of manhours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

df1985 wrote: »
    if this thing keeps causing problems for months to come do you think workplaces could start telling people not to travel?? as in you know theres a risk you may not make it back in time for work, therefore you shouldnt go in the first place?? it has to be costing big companies a lot of manhours.

Working trips may take longer... but there's still boats...

SV wrote: »
    ****sake..checked in on flights already due to leave wed morning at 8:15....some fúcking hope of that now?

Don't give up hope!

My brother and his mates were due to fly at 2pm on the Friday and flights were all closed until 1pm that day. They didn't know if they should chance it or go on ferry instead...but they waited it out and chanced the airport and got to fly out! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Don't give up hope!

My brother and his mates were due to fly at 2pm on the Friday and flights were all closed until 1pm that day. They didn't know if they should chance it or go on ferry instead...but they waited it out and chanced the airport and got to fly out! :)

GET IN THERE!

Now Iceland, cop on to yourself and don't EVER do that again :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

mike65 wrote: »
    The ash is harmless

djhunter30 you are indeed sounding like a cúnt
    Tomorrow's post of the day shall be boards top poster telling another poster that he was indeed correct about saying he's probably sounding like a cúnt. You couldn't make it up. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭kpbdublin

Is there any evidence that the "ash cloud'' was ever there. This all seems to be based on computer models and weather predictions. Nobody was actually up there checking for ash.
    I think the ferry companies are hyping this thing up.!

• Advertisement

kpbdublin wrote: »
    Is there any evidence that the "ash cloud'' was ever there. This all seems to be based on computer models and weather predictions. Nobody was actually up there checking for ash.

Some chick in Belfast found particles of the ash and was checking it in a lab.

Plus if anyone went up there well....the engines would fail and they would crash to earth and DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*cue dramatic music*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

kpbdublin wrote: »

I think they had some propeller planes that went up and took samples . . .

On the first day of the ash cloud, some fighter jets in finland flew through it before the airspace was closed and the engines were destroyed.

Its more likely that air companies are trying to calm it down than ferries hype it up . . .

Advertisement