Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Relegation in South America

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Seems to me like a stupid, unnecessarily complicated system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

It is, and it was only implemented to help Boca and River avoid relegation. I hope they do get relegated, they haven't been good for a few years and if they were using any sort of fair system they would already have been sent down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

It's done for a reason, teams like River Plaite operate pretty much on a revolving door basis, where they have to develop new talent as quickly as they sell the opposite direction. They could have an unbelievable team one season, then the next half the team could be shipped out to Europe. Although it could be seen as protectionism, I do believe it's in the best interest of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

If you go down, you did it because you weren't good enough to be in the division you were playing in :confused:

Seems like a stupid rule for me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Lukker- wrote: »
    It's done for a reason, teams like River Plaite operate pretty much on a revolving door basis, where they have to develop new talent as quickly as they sell the opposite direction. They could have an unbelievable team one season, then the next half the team could be shipped out to Europe. Although it could be seen as protectionism, I do believe it's in the best interest of the game.

And with the cash these sales generate they buy up half the teams below them, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,524 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

And with the cash these sales generate they buy up half the teams below them, no?

From reading it there are no teams below them to be buying from:pac:

Advertisement