Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Cup IV Signup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

eoferrall wrote: »
    Sure why not!

What position are you going for? :D

President of the World :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

jprender wrote: »

You get my vote so for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

May I rule over Iceland? I feel I'd do a better job of running the place than their current leader... El Senor Volcanoooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Eireannach

<team_id>44940</team_id>
    <boards_username>Eireannach</boards_username>
    <boards_id>192761</boards_id>
    <biog>Killarney RFC are looking forward to the upcoming Boards Cup. After a second place result in the Try Harder Cup, there is room for a lot of improvement. Killarney's style is based off a well rounded team that likes to wear down their opponent.</biog>

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wylie Luke

Wylie Luke wrote: »
    <team_id>45080</team_id>
    <boards_username>Wylie Luke</boards_username>
    <boards_id>200263</boards_id>
    <biog>If it's warm and wet and feels good who's to say it's wrong?</biog>

Edited Boards ID

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

<team_id>44938</team_id>
    <boards_username>JohnButler</boards_username>
    <boards_id>200519</boards_id>
    <biog>I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. The Gnomes just want to play the game, drink Pepsi and wear Reebok. The Gnomes motto remains the same, You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late. F***kin' bring it on!!! .</biog>

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

<team_id>55156</team_id>
    <boards_username>tHE vAGGABOND</boards_username>
    <boards_id>454</boards_id>
    <biog>the parrish, looking at doing pretty well in the crappy cup for the 3rd season in a row :)</biog>

How far are we from filling up all the places in the cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Fewcifur wrote: »
    How far are we from filling up all the places in the cup?
    we're at 26 atm I think. I won't have time to sort anything until tuesday, so we'll see what numbers look like then before making a decision.

<team_id>34</team_id>
    <boards_username>finbaromahony</boards_username>
    <boards_id>335756</boards_id>
    <biog>After coming second in the fighters cup, the Kilumney Devils are showing a poor run of form due to many sex scandles and are riddled with sti's, They are looking for a good run in the boards cup after applying some topical cream to the affected area</biog>
    Ladies and Gentlemen, we have our winner !! :D
    crisco10 wrote: »
    :eek:
    My players are revolting and are demanding expulsion of finbars team until they get clean. my players will not take to the field with their health at risk.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:;)
    I get the feeling that the "Nearly There" award is going to go up in value this season with all this top class competition joining up. Good times for boards.ie cup :)
    We can relax lads, finbars team has been recycled since it was originally founded - he's not the original owner.

• Advertisement

Ok, so here are the first 24 applicants. JB and Vaggabond, you are on the bench for now i'm afraid. Ranking is your current BR ranking for new members, or your BC ranking for returning members.

team_name ranking
    Pool 1
    Cork Southsiders 68.9016
    Tralee Titans 64.5217
    Ruckingood Lions 57.2797
    Forza Juve 56.0394
    Pool 2
    Geraldine RFC 55.6843
    Grubber RFC 55.1004
    Dedard Fookers 55.072
    polk high 53.6168
    Pool 3
    Everyone likes a tryer 53.3449
    Munster Mark II 52.9237
    Wandering Wanderers 51.5019
    Bogwarriors 51.2683
    Pool 4
    Curly Sue Death Squad 49.6084
    Yermen 49.6071
    Templeogue Seniors 48.4316
    Killarney RFC 48.4263
    Pool 5
    Morale 47.9597
    Men who stare at Goats 47.6619
    Lunster 47.4047
    Ladyboys 44.9633
    Pool 6
    Kilsough South Warriors 44.3776
    East Coast Tinders 42.4262
    UCG 3rds 41.4335
    Beltra RFC 39.2825

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭jprender

No Scorched Earth :confused:

No, I believe Orizio is sick of getting hammered. He's off to planet rugby for the season.

No, I believe Orizio is sick of getting hammered. He's off to planet rugby for the season.

It's ok - if I stay in Div III with him I'll hammer him next season lads for you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

The 3 top newcomers are gonna smash my boys up i think. Have mercy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

There there JP, I'll be back...eventually. ;)

I'm off to beat BR administrators and moderators over in the Balshaw Cup. :pac:

Fixtures for the first three rounds are up. Please check for errors and accept asap.
    When do we want the mid-season break? Including knockouts, the tournament will take 9 weeks, so I don't think more than two weeks will work - we don't want the finals coinciding with crucial league matches if we can help it.
    I'm guessing weeks 4&5 or weeks 5&6?
    I'm prepared to have different break weeks for different pools (ie. have higher ranked pools take their break later in the season) if people really want.

Orizio wrote: »
    There there JP, I'll be back...eventually. ;)

I'm off to beat BR administrators and moderators over in the Balshaw Cup. :pac:

Ah yes, the standard of the boards cup improves and young Orizio runs to other pastures, ya chancer :p

Fixtures for the first three rounds are up. Please check for errors and accept asap.
    When do we want the mid-season break? Including knockouts, the tournament will take 9 weeks, so I don't think more than two weeks will work - we don't want the finals coinciding with crucial league matches if we can help it.
    I'm guessing weeks 4&5 or weeks 5&6?
    I'm prepared to have different break weeks for different pools (ie. have higher ranked pools take their break later in the season) if people really want.

Not 100% on the new structure, but do we play each team in our pool twice? Just it seems I'm away from home for every one of my matches, was that luck of the draw or is this just leg 1?

Not 100% on the new structure, but do we play each team in our pool twice? Just it seems I'm away from home for every one of my matches, was that luck of the draw or is this just leg 1?
    Yes, you play each team home and away.
    It's an oddity of the fixture list, it looks like one team in each pool has three home matches, then three away matches. The other teams seem to have home and away fixtures on alternating weeks.

• Advertisement

It's an oddity of the fixture list, it looks like one team in each pool has three home matches, then three away matches. The other teams seem to have home and away fixtures on alternating weeks.

Ah that's grand, just making sure I wasn't painfully unlucky before accepting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Dave,

I still have a fixture leftover on my list from season 8(week 9). Can you delete this or something? I think that was the QF this year where the oppo didn't turn up...

Cheers.

Accepted my 3 fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

So the Gnomes don't get a chance to defend their crown?? What are we gonna do without the Boards cup? :(

JohnButler wrote: »
    So the Gnomes don't get a chance to defend their crown?? What are we gonna do without the Boards cup? :(

PLay in the irish dutch cup? could be a bit of banter (and lots of igt!!) getting owned every week!!

How do I always get the crappy draw! all away first off:( I also got the short end of the stick in the last cup... more away than home due to a "quirk" i call bullsh1t and there is a conspiracy against the tryers...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

PLay in the irish dutch cup? could be a bit of banter (and lots of igt!!) getting owned every week!!

The Irish Dutch cup would be fun (but insanely difficult). Unfortunately no extra igt as its always 100% for friendlies.

How do I always get the crappy draw! all away first off:( I also got the short end of the stick in the last cup... more away than home due to a "quirk" i call bullsh1t and there is a conspiracy against the tryers...:pac:

Just think of the heroic down and out story that could be your season. Looking bad at the halfway point for the tryers after 3 tough away fixtures and then............ BAM 3 home games to bring you soaring to the top.

It might also help with people underestimating you if on lower points early and any points in the first 3 games will give a great chance at the end of the group with 3 home games to come.

When do we want the mid-season break?
    Ahem! Any opinions? Don't come crying to me about your cup run if you don't speak up now!:D

JohnButler wrote: »
    Don't despair just yet, there's still every chance that somebody won't accept their fixtures in good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

Ahem! Any opinions? Don't come crying to me about your cup run if you don't speak up now!:D

I don't mind, I've never made it past round 3 in the cup anyway so it shouldn't effect me

mar-z wrote: »
    The Irish Dutch cup would be fun (but insanely difficult). Unfortunately no extra igt as its always 100% for friendlies.

Oh my bad I thought it was for all matches - carry on so!

mar-z wrote: »
    Just think of the heroic down and out story that could be your season. Looking bad at the halfway point for the tryers after 3 tough away fixtures and then............ BAM 3 home games to bring you soaring to the top.

It might also help with people underestimating you if on lower points early and any points in the first 3 games will give a great chance at the end of the group with 3 home games to come.

now you have just ruined my wow is me speech and promoting the underdog etc! damn you! sure it will all be there in the mix come the knockout stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

I don't mind about the mid-season break. I think I prefer no break in fact. But its really a 51-49 vote for me....

Advertisement