Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of Moving To Galway.

Options
  • 03-05-2010 6:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys thinking of moving to Galway, any of my fellow boardsies looking for a housemate?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

www.galwayadvertiser.ie is the bible when it comes to getting accommodation in Galway.

Just go to the site, then classifieds, then accommodation shared etc.

If you want to ask about areas to live, plenty of folk on here will tell you where's good for what.

Any questions, belt away.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Changing your screen name might be a good idea especially when it comes to sharing bills !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 trakeena

daft.ie is pretty good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Discodog wrote: »
    Changing your screen name might be a good idea especially when it comes to sharing bills !

Yes indeed. Change your name to Tina The Nymphomaniac Stripper and watch the offers of free accommodation roll in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Know of 2 rooms becoming available soon, who would you like to share with? Where and how much you willing to pay? One is in Salthill and the other is the city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Hi guys thinking of moving to Galway, any of my fellow boardsies looking for a housemate?

You'll hate it....... full of Australians.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Also know of a free room that you might be interested in. Where are you thinking of staying and what's your budget?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

mikom wrote: »
    You'll hate it....... full of Australians.

they are confined to the youth hostels. they seem to have a reputation as spongers.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's tons of old threads on this, have a read of them about areas etc
    http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=moving+to+galway+site%3Aboards.ie

As said earlier, when? Are you just playing with the thought or seriously considering it?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

trakeena wrote: »
    daft.ie is pretty good too.
    I found daft and the likes terrible for outside the city at least.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Everyone on daft puts their property as Galway City centre even if they're miles out. One ad was for a cottage in Tuam and had the city centre tag!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

If your looking for the love of god haggle the price. The rent prices in Galway are feckin stupid, I'm having awful problems finding a place, nobody seems willing to negotiate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Wompa1 wrote: »
    If your looking for the love of god haggle the price. The rent prices in Galway are feckin stupid, I'm having awful problems finding a place, nobody seems willing to negotiate

I got a tenner off per week, boo yeah.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Average-Ro wrote: »
    Also know of a free room that you might be interested in. Where are you thinking of staying and what's your budget?

Thinking around end of May early June, willing to pay up to 300 per month max, anywhere around city centre possible headford road/bohermore area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    I got a tenner off per week, boo yeah.

520/year. Not too bad.

Will be moving to the fine city of the Tribes in 2 weeks, have seen a few places in Castlelawn heights, is that much of a walk into town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Will be moving to the fine city of the Tribes in 2 weeks, have seen a few places in Castlelawn heights, is that much of a walk into town?

20 minute walk i reckon,go up Sandy Road direction to Bohermore would be the fastest walk in,what you think guys?

Just checking out some places on daft at the moment, prices have come down since last i lived there, many places on Daft have been there for the last 5 or 6 weeks so im sure ill get some poor sod to take me in:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭prionnsias

Salthill is a grand place to live. Rent can be a bit on the expensive side though.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

Mr.Mister wrote: »
    20 minute walk i reckon,go up Sandy Road direction to Bohermore would be the fastest walk in,what you think guys?

I used to live in Castlelawn. It's an alright estate, close to shops, close to town and rents are low. To get to town it's definitely faster to just go up the Headfor Road past the shopping centre and turn up at the hill at Debenhams. Took me about 15 minutes.

• Advertisement

Wompa1 wrote: »

If they seem willing to negotiate, then they're going to find a hard time finding someone to move in.

Advertisement