Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Location for wedding pix

• 03-05-2010 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

My bro is getting married in june with the ceromony in Clane, Co, Kildare and the reception at the Mullingar Park Hotel.
    He was going the have the pix taken in the Belvedere house but, they have been in touch to say that there is some concert on there that weekend so they cant facilitate them.
    Does anyone know of anywhere else along the route from Clane to Mullingar or close by that would be good for wedding pix.
    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Don't suppose u could call by carton house. Might be a bit out of way tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

swingking wrote: »
    Don't suppose u could call by carton house. Might be a bit out of way tho

Carton isnt a Public Park, and I think that if people started abusing the privileges afforded people there that all 'togs might be curtailed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Why not call Carton or a hotel along the way and see if they would allow you to use the grounds? I have done pictures in a different hotel to the reception before with permission. Most likely they wont mind as long as they dont have a wedding on that day.

I havent been to Belvedere yet but am due to do a wedding there this August, I hear its lovely, shame you cant use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭32finn

Barname wrote: »
    Carton isnt a Public Park, and I think that if people started abusing the privileges afforded people there that all 'togs might be curtailed...

Nor is Belvedere! We are not lucking too just turn up unanounced and start taking over the place, so there would be no abuse of privileges:rolleyes:
    Permission will be sought!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Barname wrote: »

Jeez relax. I was only making a suggestion. I'm sure the permission will be sought and the OP will not just be showing up un-invited

• Advertisement

Why not call Carton or a hotel along the way and see if they would allow you to use the grounds? I have done pictures in a different hotel to the reception before with permission. Most likely they wont mind as long as they dont have a wedding on that day.

I havent been to Belvedere yet but am due to do a wedding there this August, I hear its lovely, shame you cant use it.

Will defo give them a buzz and see if its available.
    Belvedere is very nice, and you will get some very interesting and different shots. the only prob they seem too have is they have more than one wedding party turn up at the same time on occasions. But there is plenty of room so its not the end of the world. You will defo enjoy it.

32finn wrote: »
    Will defo give them a buzz and see if its available.
    Belvedere is very nice, and you will get some very interesting and different shots. the only prob they seem too have is they have more than one wedding party turn up at the same time on occasions. But there is plenty of room so its not the end of the world. You will defo enjoy it.

Sure that wouldn't be a problem at all, hope you get sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Not sure if the Johnstown House Hotel would be of interest?

http://www.johnstownhouse.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Another could be this one in the Moyvalley Golf Club.

http://www.moyvalley.com/balyna-house/

Again no idea if they would allow just photos.......

Cheers for that deadtiger

• Advertisement

Oh never thought of Moyvalley, lovely location for shots, I covered an event there once and it was stunning I have to say. Then if they have a wedding it would be in the hotel so you wouldnt be interfereing.

Advertisement