Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone HTC Desire - browser probs

Options
  • 03-05-2010 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Hi all, Loving my new Desire more than it's reasonable to love a phone. Even the missus can't put it down ... but i digress ..

I'm having various problems with browsers (skyfire won't work at all) .. the common theme I'm seeing is a vodafone error page .. also there's a nasty voda header and footer on every page .. anyway - is there a way to get rid of the Vodafone branding? is there something else that could be going on? Skyfire just says "an error occurred while trying to get the page" whatever i do ..

Thanks in advance!
    Stef

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

You're on the Live APN, switch to ISP or HS. There is a guide, not sure if it's on here or the VF forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭blaz

JustinOval wrote: »
    You're on the Live APN, switch to ISP or HS. There is a guide, not sure if it's on here or the VF forum...

Very bad advice. Don't ever do that without checking your tariff first or you might be in for a (expensive) surprise.

I am using the Live! APN on my Nexus One and don't see any header or footer. It might be some setting on the Live! APN that Vodafone can get rid off, call them and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

blaz wrote: »
    Very bad advice. Don't ever do that without checking your tariff first or you might be in for a (expensive) surprise.

I am using the Live! APN on my Nexus One and don't see any header or footer. It might be some setting on the Live! APN that Vodafone can get rid off, call them and ask.

That was Vodafone's advice. I'll find the thread...

EDIT: Sorry, not direct from Vodafone but it was confirmed the ISP and HS APNs are covered in the Perfect Choice Access data bundles, and yes do check your tariff first.

http://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/3382-htc-desire-setup/

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

thanks guys!

i'm actually on PC50 but i've added a 1GB data add-on .. not sure if this precludes me from switching APN .. I switched over to give it a try and it didn't fix any problems (other than removing the branding) so i'm back to live .. i might just leave it, but the Vodafone branding sure is ugly!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Check for a proxy in your APN settings. I had this header and footer problem on my Tattoo on vodafone. They told me to remove the proxy setting and hey presto...problems gone. They are REALLY annoying alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Ludo wrote: »
    ... remove the proxy setting ...

That not only got rid of the header, but also fixed Skyfire :D

Thanks a mil for the sage advice!
    They are REALLY annoying alright.

Bigtime :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Check for a proxy in your APN settings. I had this header and footer problem on my Tattoo on vodafone. They told me to remove the proxy setting and hey presto...problems gone. They are REALLY annoying alright.

Thanks a mil, was bugging me too! and I am not on the smartphone tariff so changing my APN wasnt an option!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Do the headers and footers appear if you're using the Desire over WiFi, or is it specific to Vodafone Live?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Sanjuro wrote: »
    Do the headers and footers appear if you're using the Desire over WiFi, or is it specific to Vodafone Live?

Its the Vodafone live proxy adding them, so only when you access the net via 3G via the live APN.

Advertisement