Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online music theory tutorials

Options
  • 03-05-2010 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

okay i know its been posted on here before.i did a search and it came up with nothing

so basically im looking to learn some musical theory.

i figure its about time i learned a bit.

so does anyone have any online sites that teach this stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Have you tried piano nanny? I think its just pianonanny.com but you may need to google it. I used it a little but haven't got too far in the lessons myself so I'm not sure how good it is but could be worth a look. It seems to be geared around learning to play piano but it does involve alot of music theory as well. And I suppose its no harm to learn how to play a bit too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

ill check out piano nanny,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

i actually started on that pianonanny site last night,really easy to follow.

its great

Yeah its pretty good so far from the little I've gone through. I need to find more time to complete the lessons!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭JJV

musictheory.net is good if you just want theory. I use it with my students & they find it easy enough to understand although it does use American terminology - quarter notes, measures etc instead of crotchets & bars. It has lessons & on line tests as well so you can see how you are progressing

www.jjvernon.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Check out this guys youtube channel, could be what you're looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Lypur

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DIRTY69

musictheory.net + 1000

its really amazing. check out the offline edition and add it to your studio as a reference for music theory. i cant believe something so good and well done is a free resource. Fair dues!

That musictheory.net site is actually really good. I finally understand scales properly, feel like I've gotten over a hurdle now.

Advertisement