Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best chipper in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭ph3n0m666

Bugnug wrote: »
    If its fish and chips your after it has to be Burdocks in Christchurch, hands down the best, never been disappointed, always fantastic.

except when they roll up your fish and ended up smushing your chips into a tasty goo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Roma in finglas and the Hole in the Wall chipper beside the Cardiff are surprisingly good chippers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

If its fish and chips your after it has to be Burdocks in Christchurch, hands down the best, never been disappointed, always fantastic.

Years ago maybe, gone to muck recently.

Macari's in Inchicore, The Bistro on Clanbrassil St. and Apriles on South Richmond St. would be a few of my picks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

The chipper that is in the row of shops opposite the Beaumont House is mighty fine.I think it might be called al's?

PS. Avoid The Cosy chipper in Artane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Leo Burdocks I would say, their fish and chips are fantastic.

Been a few years since I had it though.

Probably the worse chipper in the country.

I worked beside it for along time and out of desparation I'd try it now and then, 100% of the time the sh*t they served as food was chucked in a bin.

If its a soggy, mushy pile of dog crap you want then Burdocks is your only man.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

The best chipper is the one nearest to you when you've a feed of pints!!

Dont think I've ever had much better than the Macaris in Raheny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭brick tamland

9th Locke in Clondalkin is a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Burdocks in Christchurch- moist, mushy, soggy, tasteless and expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

The Haddock and chips meal in the Kingfisher on Parnell Street is exquisite.(I'm sure you can get takeaway as well).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

nachoman wrote: »
    The Haddock and chips meal in the Kingfisher on Parnell Street is exquisite.(I'm sure you can get takeaway as well).

You can, I was going to mention The Kingfisher earlier, superb!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    There's a chipper with Chinese staff at the top of Capel Street that does nice chips and great burgers. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of it - but it's near the Parnell Street end.

It used to have a crazy Italian name which I can't recall right now, but I presume it was taken over by the Irish guy who worked there for as long as I can remember as it's now called Johns. It does good chips most of the time and the meal deals are actually good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

theres a place on meath street under boxing club-Fuscos...brilliant chips..its been there for years

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

joeperry wrote: »
    The chipper that is in the row of shops opposite the Beaumont House is mighty fine.I think it might be called al's?

Alex's, my usual for chipper. Nothing amazing, do a good quarter pounder.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

fuscardi on capel street is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭smilerf

i dont know if its still there cos i moved out of dublin 4 yrs ago but i used to love the chipper between lower and upper liffey street
    in the corner next to the pub. cant remember its name

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

joeperry wrote: »

It used to be one of the best. But definitely has declined in recent years. (as have a lot of chippers for some reason)

It's still not that bad though... and the Cosy Burger they have on the menu is very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

The Rimini on Collins Avenue (D9) or the A1 chipper beside the Ardlea Inn (D5). They were favourites of mine when I lived at home. I've been living in D6W/12 areas for the past few years but I haven't found any as good over here yet :(

cosmic wrote: »
    They were favourites of mine when I lived at home. I've been living in D6W/12 areas for the past few years but I haven't found any as good over here yet :(

That's the Alpine Grill. They certainly were one of the first chippers I seen to really start to diversify by doing pizzas and kebabs.

I've never been to crazy about their chips though... a little oily... but they do seem to have plenty of the little crispy chips which I love.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

That's the Alpine Grill.

Ah yes, I couldn't remember the name. They do a good veggie burger :)

cosmic wrote: »
    Ah yes, I couldn't remember the name. They do a good veggie burger :)

It had a great Pizza Place next door called Pizza Perfection which is now sadly closed.

But they had this bad boy on the menu:

738049523_baa6f7cda3.jpg

Nutella chocolate spread and Marshmallows with chocolate chips covered in a chocolate sauce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

smilerf wrote: »
    i dont know if its still there cos i moved out of dublin 4 yrs ago but i used to love the chipper between lower and upper liffey street
    in the corner next to the pub. cant remember its name

Sounds like Byrnes. Great chipper too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Fuscos on Meath Street is nice but the owners are scary.
    There's another one on James Street, I can't remember its name but they used to have lovely burgers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Lux23 wrote: »
    Fuscos on Meath Street is nice but the owners are scary.
    There's another one on James Street, I can't remember its name but they used to have lovely burgers.

Filipo or whats his name? runs a kickboxing gym upstairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ElectricGirl

Hillbilly's in fairview is the best if it's chicken your after. Can't beat a breast in a bun and milk:)

Defintely the nicest ever!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

That place in Corduff is praised by my co-workers :)

Went to Beshoffs on O'Connell st recently, worst meal ever for fish & chips. It was as if the food was kept hot way after cooking time so as to serve them fast :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Ezio's on Amiens St is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Darlughda wrote: »
    Have to say I'm very disappointed with Burdock's these days. I reckon the boom went to their heads and now they are dishing out overpriced fish and chips which are okay but nothing special. Not like the used to be!

Luigis in Ranelagh and Aprile in Portobello were always winners for me, but dunno if they have fallen down the same path as Burdocks.

Have to agree with the above, Mizzonis in Rathgar is fairly good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Not living in Dublin a while either, but will also go for the walkinstown Borza's. But if you want to give her a real treat, day trip to Tramore, the best fish and chips in the country (!) is on the pier there beside the amusement arcade, don't know name, but the fish is so good you'll back again, so just eat across the road on the sea front !

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Ezio's on Amiens St is nice.

Used to live around the corner from it when it was Quirkes and it was amazing. Haven't been there in years though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

I'd say the Airport Takeaways the best one by far.

wholeheartedly agree. won a poll also on fm104 phoneshow before. although phone in polls arnt a great indicator, particularly on a shambles of a radio station like fm104, but the taste and quality of the chipper is unrivaled on my palate.

Advertisement