Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best chipper in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

nachoman wrote: »
    The Haddock and chips meal in the Kingfisher on Parnell Street is exquisite.(I'm sure you can get takeaway as well).

Everybody keeps babbling on about that place..which end of parnell st is it?

Just a bargain heads up..the chipper beside Consort Motorparts on the Glasnevin Avenue are doing two snackboxes for the price of one,monday-wednesday.
    They're not scabby with the chicken portions either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

The Kingfisher has nice food but they haven't a clue how to fry an egg. Horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Degsy wrote: »

It's just about opposite Moorse Street.

It's quite big. Is a proper sit down restaurant with table service as well as a take away. Also has a guest house stuck in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

God Damit I know what I'll be eating tonight....want some chipper food now it's been awhile.

For me the best is Lynces in Killester. Q-Pounder + cheese is the business.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

It's just about opposite Moorse Street.

It's quite big. Is a proper sit down restaurant with table service as well as a take away. Also has a guest house stuck in there.

Ah i know it..never been there but gonna make it my business soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

ghosttown wrote: »
    Not living in Dublin a while either, but will also go for the walkinstown Borza's. But if you want to give her a real treat, day trip to Tramore, the best fish and chips in the country (!) is on the pier there beside the amusement arcade, don't know name, but the fish is so good you'll back again, so just eat across the road on the sea front !

That'd be Dooley's in Tramore :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

It used to have a crazy Italian name which I can't recall right now, but I presume it was taken over by the Irish guy who worked there for as long as I can remember as it's now called Johns. It does good chips most of the time and the meal deals are actually good value.

That's the one. I went in there a few nights ago and did my best to remember the name.

Good cheese burger - lovely chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Salvetas in Corduff is amazing and nothing has ever come close for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 isteve

The Central in Blackrock Village, enough said

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

Degsy wrote: »

just down from Tesco's on Parnell street on the corner facing Moore Street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

isteve wrote: »
    The Central in Blackrock Village, enough said

probably one of the best in ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

joeperry wrote: »
    The chipper that is in the row of shops opposite the Beaumont House is mighty fine.I think it might be called al's?

PS. Avoid The Cosy chipper in Artane.

Yeah Al's is/was great (is it still there?)

I was gonna nominate the Cosy, always thought it was great but maybe that was the pints in the Goblet playing tricks with me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

no id go for the cosy too as my no.2 - thats a lovely chipper

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I live right next door to the Cosy, so I'm there pretty much once a week.

They do battered Mars Bars in there now.

Oh and they have this notice up on the wall in there at the moment...

ku4o.jpg

A whole bunch of chippers will be taking part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

The Europa up near Bakers Corner is THE best chipper in IRELAND never mind Dublin, everybody should try it you will not be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

It used to have a crazy Italian name which I can't recall right now, but I presume it was taken over by the Irish guy who worked there for as long as I can remember as it's now called Johns. It does good chips most of the time and the meal deals are actually good value.

Used to be called Julio's, part of a chain I think. John is vey nice!
    fuscardi on capel street is very good

Has been closed for a while now.
    Chinafoot wrote: »
    Ezio's on Amiens St is nice.

Very nice, but even at lunch time you have to wait about 10 minutes as they cook them from fresh when you order. Worth it though.

Benny's on Parnell St is ok. Not a patch on John's or Ezio's but a decent second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

joeperry wrote: »
    PS. Avoid The Cosy chipper in Artane.
    It used to be one of the best. But definitely has declined in recent years. (as have a lot of chippers for some reason)

It's still not that bad though... and the Cosy Burger they have on the menu is very nice.
    Absurdum wrote: »
    Yeah Al's is/was great (is it still there?)

I was gonna nominate the Cosy, always thought it was great but maybe that was the pints in the Goblet playing tricks with me :pac:

The Cosy used to be awesome, their half pounder was second to none, but it really declined in recent years, don't know why because it seems to be the same staff all the time, since I started going there about seventeen years ago.

The place beside the A1 was great too, lovely potato cakes they used to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Lollymcd wrote: »
    Very nice, but even at lunch time you have to wait about 10 minutes as they cook them from fresh when you order. Worth it though.

Definitely worth it. When we do get it we tend to ring in the order and then go pick it up. Really nice chips :)

Has been closed for a while now.

i was in there last week, its just been re decorated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i went to college in dcu and macaris on the ballymun road beside eurospar was brilliant imo. i piled on the weight in college thanks to it! took a lot of gym hours to reverse it but their burgers and curry chips was well worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭MarkN

Des wrote: »
    The Cosy used to be awesome, their half pounder was second to none, but it really declined in recent years, don't know why because it seems to be the same staff all the time, since I started going there about seventeen years ago.

The place beside the A1 was great too, lovely potato cakes they used to do.

it's bloody expensive for starters anyway!

i was in there last week, its just been re decorated

Ah really? Very good! I can name a few others that could do with a make over too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

The Bistro on the South Circular Road,

or failing that, Dino's in Terenure they're both very nice.

Ah really? Very good! I can name a few others that could do with a make over too!!!

the one on middle abbey street is closed down

the one on middle abbey street is closed down

mmmh, maybe I got confused!!! Has anyone been to the one on Marlborough St beside Spar, seems very expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

I havent read through the whole lot but angelo's in seabury is amazing, and hamburger bar beside the mint was great to

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

adamshred wrote: »
    The Bistro on the South Circular Road,

Ah forgot the oul local, Bistro at Leonards Corner and Clanbrassil St, Clanbrassil St one does lovely pizzas for a bargain.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,542 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Ah forgot the oul local, Bistro at Leonards Corner and Clanbrassil St, Clanbrassil St one does lovely pizzas for a bargain.

Just out of curiousity I had what they call "kebab burger" out of there the other day...it's the way forward. It's a kebab for those of us on the go. It's a kebab...but in a bun, feckin genius. Fish isn't great out of there. But it is handy for a sit in supper.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

humberklog wrote: »
    But it is handy for a sit in supper.

Prefer the one on Clanbrassil St, no fancy seats or tables, like the one at Leonards Corner used to be like.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

The Roma Takeaway on Marian Rd in Rathfarnham, Dublin 14 is tops. Best by a long shot. Rocco's legend lives on and on in the fish and chips there.

Advertisement