Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New to cycling,is this a good deal?

• 03-05-2010 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi guys came across this ad on gumtree http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/25/53959525.html

Im training for my first triathlon and i need a bike. i know very little about road bikes but this seems like a good deal for a starter bike. or maybe not?
    Any feedback or advice would be great. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Discussed here and here.

I wouldn't go near it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭R.Shackleford

niceonetom wrote: »
    Discussed here and here.

I wouldn't go near it tbh.

Yup, I dont think i shall be buying one of those. Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

Just noticed on the pic it looks like a triple up front! Which means it's 3x6 to get the 18 gears. When is the last time Shimano had a 6 speed in their groupset lineup? :eek:
    But anyway, back on topic, as already suggested, avoid plaguelike.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Did anyone ever here back from them about giving there bikes a trial?
    I volunteered but the owner guy just stopped replying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

CramCycle wrote: »
    Did anyone ever here back from them about giving there bikes a trial?
    I volunteered but the owner guy just stopped replying?
    I also volunteered; I would have given it a fair go and to be honest I can cycle just about anything... but never heard back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement