Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Luas stop is nearest to the Grand Canal Theatre?

Options
  • 03-05-2010 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

The Luas doesn't really go near there AFAIK. The nearest one would probably be St Stephens green. The nearest DART is 'Grand canal dock'.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

If you can get the red line you could get off at Spencer Dock and cross the new bridge to the theatre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Mayor Square/NCI and again accross the new Bridge - then walk down past the Ferryman pub and you cannot miss the theatre (on your left).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

hayser wrote: »
    Thanks in advance :)
    If its the green line, get off at Stephens Green and take a cab to the theatre,
    it'll cost you €7-8 but it might just save a cab drivers life:o
    We're part of the public transport system too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Twenty10 wrote: »
    If you can get the red line you could get off at Spencer Dock and cross the new bridge to the theatre.

This one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

Thanks everyone. I'll be using the Red Line. Is the Spencer's Dock stop after Connnelly station?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Thanks everyone. I'll be using the Red Line. Is the Spencer's Dock stop after Connnelly station?

That's the one alright.. It's only a couple of minutes walk to the theatre from there. It's well worth walking too as you will get to walk across the new Samuel Beckett bridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

The NCI stop is actually nearer than the one after it when walking as far as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

Thanks everyone. I'll need the nearest stop as one of the girls going with me is on crutches at the minute. I haven't been past the Abbey Street stop yet so is the NCI stop after Spencer's Dock? Thanks again :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Going to the Point, the NCI stop is BEFORE Spencer Dock.

Best get off at NCI, walk across the Beckett bridge and your there!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Make sure you get on a tram going to The Point. Trams to Connolly serve all stops to Connolly but terminate there. The stops go as follows: Jervis-Abbey St-Bus Aras-Georges Dock,-NCI/Mayor Square-Spencer Dock-The Point. NCI/Mayor Square is probably your best bet! When you get off here, cross the Luas tracks and walk past M&S, continue down to the quays, cross at the pedestrian lights, and make a left, the Liffey will be on your right and you will be able to see the Samuel Beckett Bridge, go over the bridge and make a left. Turn right at the Ferryman pub, you'll be able to see the back of GCT from here! It would probably take someone on crutches 15 minutes to do the walk, 10 minutes if you ditch her!!!

There is a taxi rank close to the NCI/Mayor Square stop, just look in the direction that your Luas came from and you'll see it, near the Spar shop and Insomnia Coffee. The taxi will take no more than five minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Thanks everyone. I'll need the nearest stop as one of the girls going with me is on crutches at the minute. I haven't been past the Abbey Street stop yet so is the NCI stop after Spencer's Dock? Thanks again :)

From NCI stop it would be a ten minute walk

Advertisement