Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Cafes in Cork?

Options
  • 03-05-2010 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if there's any gaming cafés in Cork City that stock computer consoles?
    There's a couple in Dublin, the Xtreme Gaming Café for example, and I'm trying to find a similar set up.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Area 51 is closed, so maybe Raygun on Washington street if it's still open? (At least I think it was on Washington street)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Area 51 is closed, so maybe Raygun on Washington street if it's still open? (At least I think it was on Washington street)

Nah Area51 and raygun are both long gone. I think area was the only place that had consoles(only two xboxes or something. The only reasonable gaming cafe left in the city is web workhouse down from the Mc Donalds by Brown thomas but im not 100% that they have consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

Was in Web Workhouse yesterday and i didn't see any, it's a big place though so maybe i missed it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Area51 is gone? The Emos must have been devastated.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

i was a regular visitor to Area 51 and wasn't a place where emos went to be honest. You'd see the odd one in there but mainly it was the normal gaming folk and foreigners using the internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I lived in area for about 3 years :pac:

As grenache said wasn't really an emo place but was full of people who did all nighters. Many a time i would come in say about 9/10 and there would be lads just passed out inside there who had probably been playing for like the last 15 hours.

Nothing beat battlefield 1942 lan battles in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I lived in area for about 3 years :pac:

As grenache said wasn't really an emo place but was full of people who did all nighters. Many a time i would come in say about 9/10 and there would be lads just passed out inside there who had probably been playing for like the last 15 hours.

Nothing beat battlefield 1942 lan battles in there.
    You prob know some my friends so :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Jaysus at one stage Cork had more listed palces then Dublin!

Area and Raygun..both missed placed :(...Made som good friends in both.

But atm Wired to the world on Mcuratin Steet and WebWorkHouse off patricks street (DOnt know the name)are the only two atm I think.

Webworkhouse isnt too bad I must say,but tbh I haven been gamingin the City for nearly two years :o

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

How late do they stay open actually??

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Donnaghm

The wide availability of broadband has decimated these types of entreprises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

How late do they stay open actually??

Webworkhouse is open 24 hours a day as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Donnaghm wrote: »
    The wide availability of broadband has decimated these types of entreprises.

Yar, I know. Tis a darn shame, I do enjoy physical meet ups for gaming every now and then but the logistics generally aren't very plausable.

Cheers for the tip on WebWorkhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Yup web workhouse is open 24 hours, special = 4 hours for 5 euro which isn't bad at all and the machines and connections are brilliant. Have a range of games but some are split into different banks (cod6, bad company 2). Staff are all quite friendly and i frequent the place myself with friends! All the comps have a wide range of games. Internet access is restricted on the gaming machines to stop anyone downloading key loggers which is both brilliant and annoying (cause of the lack of internet) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

WebWorkHouse doesnt have any consoles and neither does the the place on mac curtain street they used to but gone now! raygun and area are closed as others have said so no where to play but my own front room!!

best of luck setting up the tournament anyway!! SSF4 doooo eeeet! :)

Advertisement